FX-8350 Temp Readings.

rvg90

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2012
I installed a FX-8350 yesterday with a CM Hyper 212+ and so far it's working flawlessly in gaming etc... but when i try to check the temps using HWMonitor which i always used without any problems it shows weird temps, for example when idle it's 17-30 and honestly i don't think my chip would ever go down to 17 with the hot environment i live in, on the other hand when under load it seems to show more logical temps 40-45 when gaming.

Now i decided to try SpeedFan which i also used before but it only detects GPU fan and it doesn't show any core temps, what exactly is wrong?

Solution
Then your cpu is running at 40ish. I was reading through some forums and saw that it's a known issue with some monitoring programs (like hwm and speedfan) where they have trouble reading temps of the 8350 at idle, but are spot on when the cpu is under load, weird, but yea there's the issue lol. At least now you can monitor your real time temps in your bios (through ai suite) and you can double check it under load with hwm. cheers

HillBillyAsian

Honorable
Apr 4, 2013
you open up ai suite ii, and go to the update tab. then you choose how you want to update (through internet, or from the downloaded file)

edit: and there are no dumb questions, asking is how you learn, no point in sitting there for hours on end thinking what you can do vs just asking and doing it right? lol

rvg90

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2012
I can't find an exe except for the remote GO shortcut it made on my desktop lol. Maybe it didn't install correctly i'll try to repair\re install.

Side question: can't i just update it from the hard drive? why do i need a flash memory anyway it asks me to chose from my hard disk(doesn't detect USB Flash Memory) when i go to EZ Tool.

HillBillyAsian

Honorable
Apr 4, 2013

Bios are finicky, think about if you had a 8 year old that was on the computer and was going "what if i try to update the computer" downloads a bios file and it's the wrong one and bam, you have a bricked mobo, wouldn't be nice right? As for it not reading your flash drive, did you plug it into the mobo or through your case, that could be one of the issues. But with asus, they made it easy, once you get ai suite installed and working you'll be glad, it gives you a map of the sensors on your mobo and thier temps, you can control fan speeds through it, update the bios, overclock your cpu, optimize cpu voltage, so many things just from it.

rvg90

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2012
So i had to install that ASUS Patcher and it solved the problem now i updated the bios to the latest version it still shows 22-35 idle temps on HWMonitor though and 40ish in the bios and exactly 40 in the suite.

HillBillyAsian

Honorable
Apr 4, 2013
Then your cpu is running at 40ish. I was reading through some forums and saw that it's a known issue with some monitoring programs (like hwm and speedfan) where they have trouble reading temps of the 8350 at idle, but are spot on when the cpu is under load, weird, but yea there's the issue lol. At least now you can monitor your real time temps in your bios (through ai suite) and you can double check it under load with hwm. cheers

Solution