Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Please HELP ME ! PC WON'T DO A THING WHEN I PRESS THE POWER BUTTON

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
October 4, 2013 5:10:44 AM

HELLO, I don't know if I'm posting where I should, but please help me with an advice, or any thing !!!
After a current blackout my pc won't START when I press the POWER ON BUTTON. I don't have a a clue about what could it be . Could it be the PSU ? or the MoBo?
Here is my configuration:
CPU: i7-4770k OC 4.4Ghz
GPU:Msi GTX 780 Gaming Edition
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i
MoBo: Asus Maximus Hero 6
SSD: Samsung 840 Series Pro 256 GB
PLEASE, Someone tell me what COULD IT BE !! :( ( I don't want to change the entire computer or buy, again, a EXPENSIVE component. I'm waiting for you answers ! (If you need more informations, I will give you) Be fast, please ! IDK what to do :( ((((
October 4, 2013 5:32:54 AM

Was your PC plugged into a surge protector?

Also, here is what I recommend you try.

1. Unplug the the PSU from the Mobo.

2. Take a Paperclip and bend it into a "V" shape.

3. Take the cable, and put one end of the paperclip in the GREEN wire slot, and one in the BLACK wire slot. There are usually more than one Black or Green wire slot, it doesn't matter which you use.

Here is a more clear explanation with pictures: http://www.overclock.net/t/96712/how-to-jump-start-a-po...

Tel me how that goes.
m
0
l
a b V Motherboard
October 4, 2013 5:32:59 AM

What PSU do you have? Does it have a reset button it? Were you using a surge suppressor? Does IT have a reset button? Are you sure that the power outlet is still 'hot'?
m
0
l
Related resources
October 4, 2013 5:40:10 AM

I'd assume his build doesn't have a reset button on his PSU, but it's possible. Try using different outlets. Was the COMPUTER ON DURING THE POWER OUT.
m
0
l
October 4, 2013 6:48:27 AM

first of all check the wire going to the motherboard for the reset switch.
m
0
l
October 4, 2013 7:27:19 AM

Spinny99 said:
I'd assume his build doesn't have a reset button on his PSU, but it's possible. Try using different outlets. Was the COMPUTER ON DURING THE POWER OUT.

Yes. It was ON.

m
0
l
October 4, 2013 7:29:33 AM

Spinny99 said:
Was your PC plugged into a surge protector?

Also, here is what I recommend you try.

1. Unplug the the PSU from the Mobo.

2. Take a Paperclip and bend it into a "V" shape.

3. Take the cable, and put one end of the paperclip in the GREEN wire slot, and one in the BLACK wire slot. There are usually more than one Black or Green wire slot, it doesn't matter which you use.

Here is a more clear explanation with pictures: http://www.overclock.net/t/96712/how-to-jump-start-a-po...

Tel me how that goes.

No, my pc wasn't plugged in a surge protector, and that cost me. :|
m
0
l
October 4, 2013 7:30:19 AM

darren0000 said:
first of all check the wire going to the motherboard for the reset switch.

MoBo reset switch ? I tried, no help :|
m
0
l
October 4, 2013 7:35:03 AM

THANK YOU GUYS for trying to help me, but I found the problem. I went at a PC Repair shop (IDK how its called) and they took down my PSU and they noticed that the PSU is the problem: after that blackout, without surge protector, It is DEAD. I'm happy that the other parts are ok, thanks to god.. BE SHURE THAT before my new PSU will come, I will buy a GOOD SURGE PROTECTOR... I hope I will get it fixed in 2 weeks or so.. Anyway, thank you guys that you replyed to me so fast :)  I love tomshardware forum :D 
m
0
l
!