Solved

I5-4670 boxed and tray version question.

Hello, so Intel processors with tray version gets 1 year warranty, and boxed version - 3 years warranty. Is there any differences between these two versions? Can i mount my CM Hyper 212 evo on a boxed I5-4670 version which comes with a stock cooler and will i still get warranty of 3 years? :) Thanks in advance!
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 4670 boxed tray version question
  1. Best answer
    I think the tray version doesn't come with a cooler. The answer to the second question is yes. Just don't tell them that you didn't use the stock cooler if you ever have to return/RMA it.
  2. No difference except the warranty and the inclusion of the cooler with the Box version. Your Hyper can be used but technically the warranty applies to the use of the bundled cooler but how is Intel to know!
  3. Ty ihog! :) Well i know that tray version comes without stock cooler :) I meant to say, do they have any physical differences? And have anyone putted after market cooler on a boxed i5 version? :)
  4. Arunas said:
    Ty ihog! :) Well i know that tray version comes without stock cooler :) I meant to say, do they have any physical differences? And have anyone putted after market cooler on a boxed i5 version? :)

Almost everyone that wants a quiet PC does!
  5. The don't have any physical difference.
  6. Thanks rolli59 :)
  7. Arunas said:
    I meant to say, do they have any physical differences?

The only "major" physical difference on the CPU itself would be the SKU number laser-etched into the IHS.
  8. Thanks for replies.
Ask a new question

Read More

Intel CPUs Intel i5 Processors