Sign in with
Your question

Will FX-6350 bottleneck HD 7950?

Last response: in CPUs
October 4, 2013 3:04:34 PM

Will FX-6350 bottleneck HD 7950?

I heard it would bottleneck it "a little"... So I dont know if should do something... I herd i can overclock it to avoid bottlenecking it... I also heard I should raise Game GRaphic Settings to the Max... But what happens if i woudl like to play an old game like GTA San Andreas from 2004? which is a bit poor in graphics... Will i still get awesome fps on it? and what about the Newest games like BattleField 4? Could I run that with nice FPS?

What does Bottlenecking a GPU mean? that the GPU wont use its MAX power? it will only be a bit slower? will teh cpu or the gpu get damaged in any way because of bottleneck?

And if you gusy reccomend me to overclock my CPU or GPU at what Speed should i set them around?(Ill search up guides etc...)

Thanks a lot, Really appreciated!
-Maxive

More about : 6350 bottleneck 7950

a b à CPUs
October 4, 2013 3:19:03 PM

The FX-6350 will be just fine with a HD 7950 I do not see any problems.
m
l
a c 210 à CPUs
October 4, 2013 4:14:06 PM

You'll be just fine...

If you want to OC...

You could likely get about 4.4-4.5 out of the 6350 without too much trouble, and you should be able to set your 7950 to 1000 MHz without any issues as well.

Keep in mind, you'll want good airflow in your case when overclocking, GPUs specifically generate a lot of heat.
m
l
!