7950 Crossfire issues please help

Jeankyyyy

Honorable
Oct 4, 2013
I have a 7950 Crossfire and I play most of my games at 5760x1080 eyefinity. I have noticed that most games don't utilize my 2 gpus at 100%, The only games I have noticed improved performance has been in Crysis 3 and Tomb Raider. All other games have less fps than with one 7950! My CPU usage never exceeds 65%(FX-8320) What should I do to get more FPS? The BF4 beta sucks on my crossfire set up. PLEASE HELP!

Solution
Couple things here:

1. When your CPU utilization is at 65%, you are most likely completely CPU bound. Most games won't use that much of your CPU, you'll have a few cores with high utilization and a few cores nearly idle. However,

2. It's the complete opposite for BF4. The 8320 is amazing for BF4.
BF4 Beta Benchies
It's so CPU intensive that you may still have problems pushing frames to your GPUs if you don't overclock. But BF4 is GPU intensive as well. What kind of frames are you getting, and at what settings?

cuecuemore

Distinguished
Couple things here:

1. When your CPU utilization is at 65%, you are most likely completely CPU bound. Most games won't use that much of your CPU, you'll have a few cores with high utilization and a few cores nearly idle. However,

2. It's the complete opposite for BF4. The 8320 is amazing for BF4.
BF4 Beta Benchies
It's so CPU intensive that you may still have problems pushing frames to your GPUs if you don't overclock. But BF4 is GPU intensive as well. What kind of frames are you getting, and at what settings?

Solution

Jeankyyyy

Honorable
Oct 4, 2013

I'm getting 30fps on any settings, when I only use one 7950 I get 40-60fps
Crossfire is not helping. I get 30fps at 1080p or even at 5760x1080, just 30fps, sometimes a little less.

The only games that scale well are Tomb Raider and Crysis 3.

You are probably lacking the proper Crossfire profile for BF4. Are you using the latest drivers?

Unfortunately, you are definitely the victim of a lack of Crossfire frame pacing with an Eyefinity setup. Even if you could get proper driver support, you would still only be experiencing the performance of a single GPU. With an Eyefinity setup, as crazy as it sounds, you're better off disabling one of your cards. That way, you can at least eliminate the microstuttering issue.
http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/Frame-Rating-Eyefinity-vs-Surround-Single-and-Multi-GPU-Configurations/Discov
http://techreport.com/blog/25399/here-why-the-crossfire-eyefinity-4k-story-matters
http://techreport.com/news/25428/driver-fix-for-crossfire-eyefinity-4k-frame-pacing-issues-coming-this-fall

^this. crossfire and eyefinity results in nearly 50% dropped frames and all sorts of graphical tears and anomalies. Sell your cards and wait for the new 290x flagship, or get nvidia cards.

Jeankyyyy

Honorable
Oct 4, 2013

Guys I think I know what's going on! I overclocked my FX-8320 from 3.5GHz to 4.1GHz and now i'm getting 80-90% GPU usage on both cards on BF3! My CPU is only 45C on max load so I will be trying to overclock it as much as possible so I can get the 100% usage. BF4 only used like 60% of both cards, it's a CPU bottleneck. I am not experiencing the micro stuttering at all thankfully.

Jeankyyyy

Honorable
Oct 4, 2013
Managed to overclock my 8320 to a stable 4.3GHz, it seems it fixed the issue. BF4 is now using 70%of both GPU's. Still seems like a CPU bottlencek but I can't believe BF4 is just eating my CPU(a lot of people are reporting same issues with super high end CPU's) it's probably an optimization problem. Almost all my other games are using my crossfire GPU's at 99%. Thanks everyone for your answers!