Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question
Solved

New PC Won't display anything

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics Cards
October 4, 2013 8:20:38 PM

So today, my last part for my gaming pc came in (the case). So, I assembled it like I have been taught to, and then I get to booting the pc, the fans turn on, the lights for the power light turn on, but nothing is outputted. I have double checked that the power cables are plugged in, and that the monitor cables are securely plugged in. I watched online, and it said to re-seat the RAM, and I did so, for both of them, and in the 2 slots, nothing happened. Please help me!

PC Specs:
Motherboard: MSI FM2-A75MA-E35
APU: AMD A10 5800k
RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 8Gb (2x4gb)
PSU: Corsair CX500
HDD: WD Blue 1TB
Case: NZXT Source 210 ELITE

More about : display

October 4, 2013 8:29:41 PM

Does it makes any beeping sounds?

Have you checked the cpu power cable? I always forget to plug that one, top left corner.
m
0
l
October 4, 2013 8:33:04 PM

If your video card has a slot for it, did you plug the 6V power cable into it?
m
0
l
Related resources
October 4, 2013 8:43:11 PM

MiDNiGHTsoul said:
Does it makes any beeping sounds?

Have you checked the cpu power cable? I always forget to plug that one, top left corner.


The first time built a case it's the only thing I missed, too. I would definitely recheck.
m
0
l
October 4, 2013 8:43:14 PM

didn't forget to put the stand-off's in?..............
m
0
l
October 4, 2013 8:43:27 PM

didn't forget to put the stand-off's in?.............. and it's wired right?
m
0
l
October 4, 2013 8:56:47 PM

MiDNiGHTsoul said:
Does it makes any beeping sounds?

Have you checked the cpu power cable? I always forget to plug that one, top left corner.


No, it hasnt made any beeping sounds, and is the cpu power cable the 4 pin one?
m
0
l
October 4, 2013 8:57:47 PM

shadow32 said:
If your video card has a slot for it, did you plug the 6V power cable into it?


There is no dedicated video card, as the video card is inside the cpu :p 
(amd's apu's)
m
0
l
October 4, 2013 8:58:45 PM

Ludwigzz said:
MiDNiGHTsoul said:
Does it makes any beeping sounds?

Have you checked the cpu power cable? I always forget to plug that one, top left corner.


No, it hasnt made any beeping sounds, and is the cpu power cable the 4 pin one?

Yes, it's the 4-pin one that you can plug in the 8-pin at the upper-left.
m
0
l
October 4, 2013 9:05:31 PM

MiDNiGHTsoul said:
Does it makes any beeping sounds?

Have you checked the cpu power cable? I always forget to plug that one, top left corner.


Because I don't have an cable from my PSU that is a 4-pin one, but there are 2 2-pin ones, that can be joined with the 6-pin connectors, that would work, but I would need to get rid of the things on the side of it(things to help join it with the 6-pin connectors)
m
0
l

Best solution

October 4, 2013 9:08:44 PM

Ludwigzz said:
MiDNiGHTsoul said:
Does it makes any beeping sounds?

Have you checked the cpu power cable? I always forget to plug that one, top left corner.


Because I don't have an cable from my PSU that is a 4-pin one, but there are 2 2-pin ones, that can be joined with the 6-pin connectors, that would work, but I would need to get rid of the things on the side of it(things to help join it with the 6-pin connectors)


Your PSU should have one. If it doesn't, you will need one of theses:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Connector-for-Molex-IDE-3-Pin-P...
Share
October 4, 2013 9:09:57 PM

Melderv said:
Ludwigzz said:
MiDNiGHTsoul said:
Does it makes any beeping sounds?

Have you checked the cpu power cable? I always forget to plug that one, top left corner.


No, it hasnt made any beeping sounds, and is the cpu power cable the 4 pin one?

Yes, it's the 4-pin one that you can plug in the 8-pin at the upper-left.


I don't think I have an 8 pin to an 4 pin adapter (if thats what you are saying), then would I have to buy something like this?: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
0
l
October 4, 2013 9:14:16 PM

shadow32 said:
Ludwigzz said:
MiDNiGHTsoul said:
Does it makes any beeping sounds?

Have you checked the cpu power cable? I always forget to plug that one, top left corner.


Because I don't have an cable from my PSU that is a 4-pin one, but there are 2 2-pin ones, that can be joined with the 6-pin connectors, that would work, but I would need to get rid of the things on the side of it(things to help join it with the 6-pin connectors)


Your PSU should have one. If it doesn't, you will need one of theses:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Connector-for-Molex-IDE-3-Pin-P...


Ok, so If I bought this, I could connect it to one of my extra molex cables, and it would act as an 4-pin connector, so I can use it to power my cpu? If yes, Thanks in advance!
m
0
l
October 4, 2013 9:15:40 PM

the power supply has all you need. that shouldn't be a problem/..........PSU: Corsair CX500
m
0
l
October 4, 2013 9:19:01 PM

Ludwigzz said:
shadow32 said:
Ludwigzz said:
MiDNiGHTsoul said:
Does it makes any beeping sounds?

Have you checked the cpu power cable? I always forget to plug that one, top left corner.


Because I don't have an cable from my PSU that is a 4-pin one, but there are 2 2-pin ones, that can be joined with the 6-pin connectors, that would work, but I would need to get rid of the things on the side of it(things to help join it with the 6-pin connectors)


Your PSU should have one. If it doesn't, you will need one of theses:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Connector-for-Molex-IDE-3-Pin-P...


Ok, so If I bought this, I could connect it to one of my extra molex cables, and it would act as an 4-pin connector, so I can use it to power my cpu? If yes, Thanks in advance!


Yes.
m
0
l
October 4, 2013 9:24:01 PM

what the hell are you guys talking about?.............. it's a modern board and a modern power supply............... why a special connector?

m
0
l
October 4, 2013 9:32:58 PM

swifty_morgan is actually correct in some sense, I looked at the psu box, and I saw a little line dividing the 8-pin power connector, and thought "It might split in half!". And it did, so Windows is being installed, and Thanks to everybody that contributed! :D 
m
0
l
October 4, 2013 9:35:43 PM

swifty_morgan said:
what the hell are you guys talking about?.............. it's a modern board and a modern power supply............... why a special connector?



Ludwigzz said:
swifty_morgan is actually correct in some sense, I looked at the psu box, and I saw a little line dividing the 8-pin power connector, and thought "It might split in half!". And it did, so Windows is being installed, and Thanks to everybody that contributed! :D 


Haha, glad you found it :) 
m
0
l