Go for 7750 or wait for r7 250??

doukno

Honorable
Oct 19, 2012
I live in india . The prices are really high here. Here the 7750 is available @ 7000 .I have a corsair vs450 with 34a on 12v. But amd lauunced nxt gen gpus ... im in dilemma .. generally nxt gen gpus launch after 3-4 months in our country after they get launched in US...im thinking r7 250... is it worth waiting?

Solution
Yes, you can play BF4 on Medium and close to High settings on that resolution. I don't know your CPU, but if it's capable enough you can probably do a lot more with it. You'll have no problem maxing out current games if there's little to no bottlenecks involved.

Melderv

Honorable
Oct 1, 2013

He said they add 3-4 months before they get released in his country.

Melderv

Honorable
Oct 1, 2013
Yes, you can play BF4 on Medium and close to High settings on that resolution. I don't know your CPU, but if it's capable enough you can probably do a lot more with it. You'll have no problem maxing out current games if there's little to no bottlenecks involved.

Solution

I would not say "max out current games" but any game should be fairly playable if he TWEAKS the quality settings when needed to achieve a sufficient frame rate.

You'll especially need to carefully tweak demanding settings like AA (anti-aliasing), or DOF (Depth of Field), AF (Anisotropic Filtering) etc.

Run FRAPS while tweaking to monitor the frame rate.

My advice for tweaking BF4 depends on whether screen tearing is an issue (VSYNC OFF) and that can vary by the PC and by the game.

VSYNC OFF: aim for 40FPS average

VSYNC ON:
Turn VSYNC OFF to tweak until you achieve over 30FPS at least 90% of the time. Then turn VSYNC ON again. Despite what FRAPS says with VSYNC ON you should really be synched to 30FPS as long as your PC can generate at least 30FPS.

VSYNC Pros and Cons:
Pro - no screen tearing.
Con- can feel sluggish at 30FPS (buffer delay to synch with monitor)

I could give you a very long list of games the HD7750 can't come close to "maxing out" but again learn the basics of tweaking the games for the optimal Quality vs Framerate.

jukkiemonster

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2009
I had a HD 7750 in my machine (low profile desktop with 250w PSU, so can't get better cards), ordered an R7 250 on release day. Tested for a couple of days.

In Skyrim, The Witcher 2, Arma 3, and pretty much all other games I tried, framerates were 5-10fps LOWER with the R7 250...
Sent the new card back straight away.

So if you're getting it for gaming, may as well get a HD 7750 (which may dro pin price now the new cards are out).

There you have it...

Plus, never buy a new card without seeing benchmarks anyway.