Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Best FPS gaming mouse at the moment?

Last response: in Components
Share
October 5, 2013 1:35:22 PM

Hi! I'm just on here wondering what you guys would consider to be the best gaming mouse for first person shooter games so far on the market today. I'm just using an old not so good mouse and I'm looking to upgrade. I mainly play first person shooter games and am wondering what would be the best kind of mouse for this type of game. Also, I don't have all that big of a budget. Maybe 100 bucks. I also live in canada if that helps. Thanks in advance!
a b 4 Gaming
October 5, 2013 1:45:34 PM

There really is no best mouse. DPI numbers on mice are so high that they border insane. Comfort and accessibility are going to be more important. Also it's a very personal choice. Here are some questions to help you find the right mouse.
1. Do you use a claw or palm grip on a mouse?
2. Are you looking for a right, left or ambidextrous Mouse?
3. Would you prefer wireless, or wired solution?
4. Also a popular feature on modern FPS mice is a dpi shift. This allows you to lower or raise the dpi to a certain point while held. This is particularly useful while sniping. If you we're to make use of such a feature would you prefer the modifier on top of the mouse or as a thumb button?
m
0
l
October 5, 2013 2:07:44 PM

That's a difficult question since it's very subjective. If you palm your mouse, I would say the Razer Deathadder 2013 edition. I palm my mouse, and this mouse is perfect for palming.
m
0
l
Related resources
October 5, 2013 9:22:49 PM

PsyKhiqZero said:
There really is no best mouse. DPI numbers on mice are so high that they border insane. Comfort and accessibility are going to be more important. Also it's a very personal choice. Here are some questions to help you find the right mouse.
1. Do you use a claw or palm grip on a mouse?
2. Are you looking for a right, left or ambidextrous Mouse?
3. Would you prefer wireless, or wired solution?
4. Also a popular feature on modern FPS mice is a dpi shift. This allows you to lower or raise the dpi to a certain point while held. This is particularly useful while sniping. If you we're to make use of such a feature would you prefer the modifier on top of the mouse or as a thumb button?


I palm it, I'm right handed and I would like a wired mouse. The DPI shift would be optional, but if there would be a mouse in my budget that would be good, I wouldn't mind it. But I'm still really not sure which mouse to buy, also thank you for the suggestion legacy. I was looking at the deathadder 2013 on NCIX. It's on sale right now, you save 40 $. But idk if I should get that or wait for the 2014.idk if it will be all that different.
m
0
l
October 5, 2013 9:28:10 PM

DrumWorkshop said:
PsyKhiqZero said:
There really is no best mouse. DPI numbers on mice are so high that they border insane. Comfort and accessibility are going to be more important. Also it's a very personal choice. Here are some questions to help you find the right mouse.
1. Do you use a claw or palm grip on a mouse?
2. Are you looking for a right, left or ambidextrous Mouse?
3. Would you prefer wireless, or wired solution?
4. Also a popular feature on modern FPS mice is a dpi shift. This allows you to lower or raise the dpi to a certain point while held. This is particularly useful while sniping. If you we're to make use of such a feature would you prefer the modifier on top of the mouse or as a thumb button?


I palm it, I'm right handed and I would like a wired mouse. The DPI shift would be optional, but if there would be a mouse in my budget that would be good, I wouldn't mind it. But I'm still really not sure which mouse to buy, also thank you for the suggestion legacy. I was looking at the deathadder 2013 on NCIX. It's on sale right now, you save 40 $. But idk if I should get that or wait for the 2014.idk if it will be all that different.


Sounds exactly like what I do. Razer Deathadder 2013 Edition will fit you very nicely.
m
0
l

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
October 5, 2013 9:35:41 PM

Razer makes great mice, but just to offer an alternative.

I have a personal affinity for logitech products.
The g 500 is a popular favorite. It's the oldie but a goodie choice. It has an adjustable DPI but I don't think it has a dpi shift.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

The g600 is the mouse I currently use. It's more of an MMORPG mouse, but i find that I can always use the side buttons for weapon switching, and dpi shift. Also it features a third mouse button on top where your ring finger would rest. It's default is DPI shift but can be used for things like push to talk.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Share
October 5, 2013 9:46:25 PM

legacyBIOS said:
DrumWorkshop said:
PsyKhiqZero said:
There really is no best mouse. DPI numbers on mice are so high that they border insane. Comfort and accessibility are going to be more important. Also it's a very personal choice. Here are some questions to help you find the right mouse.
1. Do you use a claw or palm grip on a mouse?
2. Are you looking for a right, left or ambidextrous Mouse?
3. Would you prefer wireless, or wired solution?
4. Also a popular feature on modern FPS mice is a dpi shift. This allows you to lower or raise the dpi to a certain point while held. This is particularly useful while sniping. If you we're to make use of such a feature would you prefer the modifier on top of the mouse or as a thumb button?


I palm it, I'm right handed and I would like a wired mouse. The DPI shift would be optional, but if there would be a mouse in my budget that would be good, I wouldn't mind it. But I'm still really not sure which mouse to buy, also thank you for the suggestion legacy. I was looking at the deathadder 2013 on NCIX. It's on sale right now, you save 40 $. But idk if I should get that or wait for the 2014.idk if it will be all that different.


Sounds exactly like what I do. Razer Deathadder 2013 Edition will fit you very nicely.


+1
m
0
l
October 7, 2013 3:18:48 PM

Yeahhh I was thinking of going with the death adder. It's on sale for 60 bucks on ncix right now. I'd say that's a steal. But idk I guess i'll look around haha
m
0
l
October 7, 2013 3:18:49 PM

Yeahhh I was thinking of going with the death adder. It's on sale for 60 bucks on ncix right now. I'd say that's a steal. But idk I guess i'll look around haha
m
0
l
May 13, 2014 5:41:08 AM

I have death adder and even though it is top-notch quality at aiming: feel, maintained sliding smootheness after years of use, overal durability, performance... But sadly it lacks in other important areas:

1st) ♥♥♥♥ing wheel sometimes spins on its own.
2nd) No DPI control, you can only set 100 200 300 etc, so if you play in different resolutions and need precise DPI control you are ♥♥♥♥ed. For that reason I can only play with 900 DPI@1920x1080, no more no less. (luckily at least one playable option >_>).
3d) A stupid program called Razer Synapse must be working at all times for this mouse to function. Which is a disaster.
4th) It costs a lot. I felt like smashing this ♥♥♥♥ into a wall when I figured out these problems but investment was too ♥♥♥♥ing big for that sort of an end xD

All in all, at least its core functions for aiming are well made... For that I decided using it until it breaks down on its own. But I will never buy something from razer again - they make stupid mistakes but rise price to the highest and make a ♥♥♥♥ing "astonishing" packaging worth half of the product's price instead of fixing glitches.
m
0
l
!