Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

First pc build please help me

Last response: in CPUs
Share
October 6, 2013 2:05:11 AM

HEy guys I'm planning to build my first pc in a month and I'm wondering if everything will fit?
Here are the parts:

CPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Graphics card a.k.a GPU : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

PSU a.k.a power supply: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

motherboard; http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

ram a.k.a memory: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

hard disc a.k.a HDD: newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148840


PLZ help me btw which one is better the asus m5a97 2.0 or the gigabyte i linked above me?



More about : build

a b à CPUs
October 6, 2013 2:13:49 AM

If i were you personally, instead of getting 8GB of ram get 4GB and upgrade ram later on. Use the 50 you save on the ram and put it towards a better graphics card.

For example the 7950 is on sale right now for 224 and is a HUGE jump up from the graphics card you have there.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Save the money on ram now and get the better gpu then just grab more ram later on. I game on 4gb and it's enough for gaming. Easily.

You also get 3 free games with that card. Sweet deal imo
October 6, 2013 2:19:19 AM

Nitro192 said:
If i were you personally, instead of getting 8GB of ram get 4GB and upgrade ram later on. Use the 50 you save on the ram and put it towards a better graphics card.

For example the 7950 is on sale right now for 224 and is a HUGE jump up from the graphics card you have there.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Save the money on ram now and get the better gpu then just grab more ram later on. I game on 4gb and it's enough for gaming. Easily.

You also get 3 free games with that card. Sweet deal imo


thanks man I'll consider it but like i just said will everything work together,that's my biggest fear, Btw nice avatar

Related resources

Best solution

a b à CPUs
October 6, 2013 2:27:29 AM
Share

I built a rig with the AMD FX 6300 just last month using parts off newegg. In short, yes everything will work fine together. Your motherboard the GA-970A-UD3 has direct support for the FX 6300 CPU so it will slip in perfectly and work great on that chipset. The video card is PCi express 3.0 as is the motherboard as well that ram running at 1600mhz is supported by that motherboard as well. The corsair power supply is full atx supported so will power everything very well. There's nothing that's incompatible. You did a good job.
October 6, 2013 2:30:57 AM

Nitro192 said:
I built a rig with the AMD FX 6300 just last month using parts off newegg. In short, yes everything will work fine together. Your motherboard the GA-970A-UD3 has direct support for the 6300 so it will slip in perfectly and work great on that chipset. The video card is PCi express 3.0 as is the motherboard as well that ram running at 1600mhz is supported by that motherboard as well. The corsair power supply is full atx supported so will power everything very well. There's nothing that's incompatible. You did a good job.


Really thanks man you saved me any tips for building it? And wwhat if I take an asus m5a97 2.0 motherboard because it's cheaper here's the link http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

a b à CPUs
October 6, 2013 2:35:40 AM

Both of those boards have the exact same chipset and run on the same fequency as well they both support your CPU, they would be identical in performance. I would go with the Asus because it supports a higher ram overclock.

As far as tips for building make sure you don't forget to install the motherboard standoffs because when ppl damage equipment during a build its usually because of that. Besides that it's pretty straight forward.
October 6, 2013 2:46:03 AM

Nitro192 said:
Both of those boards have the exact same chipset and run on the same fequency as well they both support your CPU, they would be identical in performance. I would go with the Asus because it supports a higher ram overclock.

As far as tips for building make sure you don't forget to install the motherboard standoffs because when ppl damage equipment during a build its usually because of that. Besides that it's pretty straight forward.


thanks mate I think I'm going for the gygabite thought but my mind cn still change his opinion
!