Solved

Pc connects to websites, browsers, but doesn't connect to steam, origin, skype, gamersfirstlive.

My internet is connecting to all my browsers and websites, but not connecting to some softwaress.. Pleasee help! It doesn't connect to steam, skype, gamersfirstlive, origin etc.
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about connects websites browsers connect steam origin skype gamersfirstlive
  1. Try letting those programs through your firewall :)
  2. Yebol said:
    Try letting those programs through your firewall :)


    How to? :p I'm new to this. Pleasee helpp!!
  3. Anish Kumar said:
    Yebol said:
    Try letting those programs through your firewall :)


    How to? :p I'm new to this. Pleasee helpp!!


    do you have any anti virus software on your pc? if so can you tell me what it is.
  4. Yebol said:
    Anish Kumar said:
    Yebol said:
    Try letting those programs through your firewall :)


    How to? :p I'm new to this. Pleasee helpp!!


    do you have any anti virus software on your pc? if so can you tell me what it is.


    AVG, norton and MCAFEE
  5. Best answer
    Anish Kumar said:
    Yebol said:
    Anish Kumar said:
    Yebol said:
    Try letting those programs through your firewall :)


    How to? :p I'm new to this. Pleasee helpp!!


    do you have any anti virus software on your pc? if so can you tell me what it is.


    AVG, norton and MCAFEE


    This could be part of the problem. You should only run one anti-virus program at a time because the programs can actually interfere with one another.

    Also, make sure your date/time is set correctly on your system (to include the proper time zone). Some websites are very sensitive to time differences between clients and servers.
  6. Anish Kumar said:
    Yebol said:
    Anish Kumar said:
    Yebol said:
    Try letting those programs through your firewall :)


    How to? :p I'm new to this. Pleasee helpp!!


    do you have any anti virus software on your pc? if so can you tell me what it is.


    AVG, norton and MCAFEE



    That's what is wrong uninstall all of them apart from norton (might fix problem straight away)

    if not then open up norton then click settings, then firewall, then program rules and then add the .exe files to open them, eg for Skype it would be C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe
  7. I can uninstall AVG, but can't uninstall McAfee! No option to uninstall it. It came with my windows 7.
  8. Windows 7 certainly does not come with any anti-virus program installed. Where did you get your version of Windows 7?
  9. Anish Kumar said:
    I can uninstall AVG, but can't uninstall McAfee! No option to uninstall it. It came with my windows 7.


    If you don't have the option to remove mcafee from the control panels add/remove programs, you can use mcafee's removal tool.

    http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS101331
Ask a new question

Read More

Origin Please help Skype Connection Browsers Internet Networking Steam