7950 Fps drops.

Prizefighter007

Honorable
Oct 6, 2013
Recently upgraded my video card from a HIS 6850 to an HIS 7950. For the few week I ran games fine mostly at ultra settings, or very high. Turned on my computer this morning and noticed a few odd noises. First there was a sort of crackling sound that sounded like my liquid cooling, second was a popping. The popping was like a bottle crunched in and popping out. I decided to see how I ran games and was getting much lower fps, no matter what setting, and drops every few seconds.
Specs:
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-870A
Video card: HIS IceQ 7950 3gb
Psu: Cooler master gx 750watt
Processor: Phenom II x6 1100T black edition
Ram: 8gb
1 tb hard drive

I took out my video card and put it back in and that seemed to have fixed the fps problem. However I may go looking for a new heatsink, im a little worried about my cooling.

Solution
^ Ignore this guy. He doesn't know what he's talking about.

That does not sound good at all. When was the last time you cleaned the inside of your PC? Open the hood and check and make sure everything is dust free and cables are on tight. Carefully remove the GPU and make sure there are no loose parts (Possibly the crackling noise). If the problem still persist, try rolling back drivers/updating them. If your still having the problem, you might want to look into getting a new GPU, or checking your warranty if you have one.

neogamer12345

Honorable
Nov 10, 2012
^ Ignore this guy. He doesn't know what he's talking about.

That does not sound good at all. When was the last time you cleaned the inside of your PC? Open the hood and check and make sure everything is dust free and cables are on tight. Carefully remove the GPU and make sure there are no loose parts (Possibly the crackling noise). If the problem still persist, try rolling back drivers/updating them. If your still having the problem, you might want to look into getting a new GPU, or checking your warranty if you have one.

Solution