Fx 8350 + Raedon 7870 = low fps?

StevenTroyd

Honorable
Oct 6, 2013
As you can tell by the title, I have the AMD Fx 8350 Vishera 4.0ghz and the XFX Raedon 7870 OC Edition. Depending on what game I am playing I get shit fps. In games like Arma 3 I tested their auto-detect system which determines my system to be able to play the game on ULTRA, yet on ultra i can never get it past 21 fps. Even on low settings I get 30. Games like league of legends I run 60 fps which I was wondering if I could get more on. And even on Arma 2/DayZ I dont get the greatest fps all the time.

If ANYONE can gimme a start on what I can do. Even just a start or point me in a direction, it would be greatly appreciated. Please let me know if my computers outdated aswell.

fx 8350 vishera 4.0ghz
xfx raedon 7870 oc
asrock 970 pro3
gskill 8gb ram
cx600 psu
corsair h80i watercooler

Solution

The fact that you asked this question means that you didn't read the article at all. Read the article and you'll understand everything. I'm willing to help you and point you in the right direction, not hold your hand and do all your research for you. Read the article and all will...

StevenTroyd

Honorable
Oct 6, 2013

Shouldnt I atleast be able to run the game with more than 30 fps on low? It fluctuates between 31 and 28. It generally sucks.

aaab

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2011

Set league of legends to "benchmark" you should definitely get way more than 60 FPS.
On the other hand, you don't need more than 60.

StevenTroyd

Honorable
Oct 6, 2013

I realized i had uncapped/benchmark on. But i had vsync on. ty

StevenTroyd

Honorable
Oct 6, 2013

Yes it was the vsync. I dont know how much I can overclock it. And my corsair cooler doesnt keep it as cool as i would like to oc it

Cribbs

Honorable
Jul 12, 2013

The arma engine is widely known as being downright horrendous in terms of optimization, completely ignore performance on those games and start checking performance in games like bf3, crysis 3, etc.

I personally get 60fps on ultra constantly in a couple of missions, but then in multiplayer that drops to sub 15 fps.

StevenTroyd

Honorable
Oct 6, 2013

Yea, I usually on play the multiplayer portion of the game. I get decent fps in missions.

Cribbs

Honorable
Jul 12, 2013

That is completely normal, don't worry about arma in general, it's just evil when it comes to performance ;)

The fact that you asked this question means that you didn't read the article at all. Read the article and you'll understand everything. I'm willing to help you and point you in the right direction, not hold your hand and do all your research for you. Read the article and all will be revealed. I have nothing further to say because I've already given you the most useful information in this entire thread.

Solution