Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

i5 4670K strange clock speed registered in CPU-Z?

Last response: in CPUs
Share
October 7, 2013 3:31:20 AM

Hello to everyone.

I've just noticed that CPU-Z shows really low CPU clock speed for my new i5. Is this supposed to be like that or is something very wrong?

I haven't touched anything yet, this rig is brand new... Do I have to make special modifications in the BIOS or something?

This CPU is installed on MSI Z87-GD65 GAMING Motherboard.

Here is the picture showing CPU-Z stats:

http://i.minus.com/ixD2ytisGWUMj.JPG

More about : 4670k strange clock speed registered cpu

Best solution

a c 91 à CPUs
October 7, 2013 3:35:34 AM

It's perfectly normal. Your cpu "underclocks" itself when not in use.

Leave cpu-z open, then run a cpu intensive program, or a game and you'll see it ramp up the multiplier to full.
Share
October 7, 2013 3:49:47 AM

jimthenagual said:
It's perfectly normal. Your cpu "underclocks" itself when not in use.

Leave cpu-z open, then run a cpu intensive program, or a game and you'll see it ramp up the multiplier to full.


Well that's a nice thing to hear. I guess it saves power that way... What a convenient feature.

What happens when I want to overclock? Do I need to turn that feature off then?

m
0
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
October 7, 2013 4:02:37 AM

IMTECH said:
What happens when I want to overclock? Do I need to turn that feature off then?

No. Speedstep (auto-underclocking when idle) works even when overclocked.
m
0
l
October 7, 2013 4:11:11 AM

BSim500 said:
IMTECH said:
What happens when I want to overclock? Do I need to turn that feature off then?

No. Speedstep (auto-underclocking when idle) works even when overclocked.


Ok, thank you for answering.

m
0
l
!