Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Asus HD 7750 with Dell Optiplex GX620 DT?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
October 7, 2013 11:12:27 AM

Does my Dell Optiplex GX620 DT support the ASUS HD7750-1GD5-V2 Graphic Card?
Will I be able to install this one?
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 138 U Graphics card
October 7, 2013 11:24:42 AM

Depends on what case you have that model has 4 different case options, do you have the mini tower, desktop, small form factor or the ultra small form factor?
m
0
l
October 8, 2013 2:37:52 AM

bignastyid said:
Depends on what case you have that model has 4 different case options, do you have the mini tower, desktop, small form factor or the ultra small form factor?


Desktop DT.

m
0
l
Related resources
October 8, 2013 2:46:51 AM

One word: no.

Your PC is too old.
m
0
l
October 8, 2013 3:08:59 AM

bignastyid said:
Depends on what case you have that model has 4 different case options, do you have the mini tower, desktop, small form factor or the ultra small form factor?


Desktop.

m
0
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 138 U Graphics card
October 8, 2013 9:45:20 AM

Sorry, its not going to work. The desktop chassis will only take half height cards unless the system was purchased with a riser card. But a bigger problem is the pci-e port is limited to 25w which isn't enough to power a 7750.
m
0
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 358 U Graphics card
October 8, 2013 10:54:50 AM

PCI-e 1.0 slots provides 75w of power.

The ancient PCI slot provides 25w. Not to be confused with PCI-e 1.0 slots.

The Dell will need a low profile card like the following low profile Radeon HD 7750 for $110. PCI-e 3.0 cards are technically compatible with PCI-e 1.0 slots, but since most people who upgrades the graphics card nowadays have a motherboard with PCI-e 2.0 slots, it is hard to know if PCI-e 3.0 cards are truly 100% compatible with PCI-e 1.0 / 1.1 slots.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
0
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 138 U Graphics card
October 8, 2013 11:05:44 AM

I know normal pci-e 16x slots provide 75w, however dell has listed in their specs for the desktop system that the 16x pci-e slot as a 25w maximum. Its possible some one put it in the wrong area but the mini-tower is documented properly as having a 75w max.
ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_desktop/...
m
0
l
October 8, 2013 11:56:02 AM

bignastyid said:
Sorry, its not going to work. The desktop chassis will only take half height cards unless the system was purchased with a riser card. But a bigger problem is the pci-e port is limited to 25w which isn't enough to power a 7750.


Well,is there any other card good enough for Gaming
compatible with my PC?

m
0
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 138 U Graphics card
October 8, 2013 12:05:49 PM

Jankifrank said:
bignastyid said:
Sorry, its not going to work. The desktop chassis will only take half height cards unless the system was purchased with a riser card. But a bigger problem is the pci-e port is limited to 25w which isn't enough to power a 7750.


Well,is there any other card good enough for Gaming
compatible with my PC?



Not if the pci-e slot is limited to 25w. any card that would work wouldn't close to being good for gaming.
m
0
l
October 8, 2013 12:53:31 PM

bignastyid said:
Jankifrank said:
bignastyid said:
Sorry, its not going to work. The desktop chassis will only take half height cards unless the system was purchased with a riser card. But a bigger problem is the pci-e port is limited to 25w which isn't enough to power a 7750.


Well,is there any other card good enough for Gaming
compatible with my PC?



Not if the pci-e slot is limited to 25w. any card that would work wouldn't close to being good for gaming.


Well,thanks anyway.
m
0
l
!