ninja1125

Honorable
Oct 7, 2013
AMD RADEON HD6950 2GB DDR5
AMD PHENOM II X6 1100T 3.3GHZ
2GB DDR3 / 1600 MHZ MEMORY x4
GIGABYTE GA-870A-UD3
XTREMEGEAR 950 WATT POWER SUPPLY

Okay, so i ordered this computer and it worked for a year no problems, then i moved from Texas to Brazil and i took apart the video card (HD 6950) and sent it seperetly then the rest of the computer so that it would not bounce and have problems when it arrives,

Unfortunately, when i received it, i placed the 2 6-pin cables onto the GPU, tried to run it and no signal on monitor, Fans work, bios has the beeping sounds, everything seems to be running smoothly, i have tried taking ever cable off and re-plugging them all, running with one ram stick, and still same thing.

One thing i have noticed is that the fans make a weird sound, only the video card fans tho,
it starts up, and stops , and starts up...and stops....
as if there is something stopping it from continuing,
my motherboard does not have a internal graphics and i do not own another GPU to see if the problem is in GPU..

Any body got any tips?
i could record and show you how it sounds or anything along those lines.

ninja1125

Honorable
Oct 7, 2013
I don't believe anything may have been torn/broken/ripped off of it, because i had it wrapped 3-4 times with bubble plastic wrap, and had it secured in the shipped box with Styrofoam cube supports, so there was no movement at all, even if it was probably thrown.....but well, you never know

ninja1125

Honorable
Oct 7, 2013
no i did not, That could be it, but it was wrapped around plastic bubble wrap several times, it still heats(warm) up after being left on awhile and if if the Static from the foam killed it, is there a solution to that?

ninja1125

Honorable
Oct 7, 2013
Well i did wrap it up with a bubble wrap that was a part of a monitor box, so i believe that would be the anti static bag?, they are the small bubble wrap bags correct, i don't believe the card died

Trenchcoat

Honorable
May 7, 2013

No solution. Card is fried. You could possibly claim that it was damaged in transit.