Solved

cpu temp seems low ???

I've been reading on here about cpu temps and most ppl are saying that it should run around 30-40cº and now i'm wondering if mine is working properly... mine is running at 14-17cº i'm trying to upload pic but cant seem to be able to for some reason..
it's a amd phenon x3 8650 on a abit a-s78h mobo..
16 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about cpu temp low
  1. Can't see the photo. Upload to imgur and link it.
  2. what is imgur and how do I do that??? ok think I gots it..
    http://imgur.com/uilrXmX
  3. How cold/warm is the room it's in?
    The temp sensor might not like that program. Try Core Temp and Speccy next.
  4. Yeah, that's a bit too low of a reading, unless your room is cooled to about 50 F. An air cooler (even most liquid coolers) cannot cool to lower than room temperature.

    Casey
  5. they seem to all read the same.. is this a good thing??
    can it be because of switching cpu's from amd Athlon le-1600 to the phenom without doing anything to the bios??
  6. You're violating physics there! :no:

    Looks like everything is misreading your CPU's built-in temperature sensors. What does your BIOS show?

    Casey
  7. I don't know how to go into bios but after rebooting it's now reading 22-23cº
  8. looney5508 said:
    I don't know how to go into bios but after rebooting it's now reading 22-23cº


    That's a bit more reasonable. 22 C is about 72 F, decent room temperature. Is that after the computer sits idle for a few minutes?

    To get into BIOS, you will need to press a key before the Windows startup screen appears. It tends to be different across motherboard manufacturers, but usually either F2, F10, or the DEL key.

    Casey
  9. I get into bios but after that i'm pretty much clueless on what to do or where to look.. and yes the pc is idle, all I have running is core temp and internet explorer
  10. looney5508 said:
    I get into bios but after that i'm pretty much clueless on what to do or where to look.. and yes the pc is idle, all I have running is core temp and internet explorer


    Look for "PC Health Status" in the BIOS. The CPU temperature should be about halfway down the screen there. The arrow keys select options, "Enter" will enter a menu or section, and "ESC" will take you back a menu.

    Casey
  11. ok, in bios it read:
    cpu temp 44ºc\111ºF
    sys temp 40ºc\104
    pwm temp 57ºc\135
    cpu fan speed 2280-2343
  12. Best answer
    looney5508 said:
    ok, in bios it read:
    cpu temp 44ºc\111ºF
    sys temp 40ºc\104
    pwm temp 57ºc\135
    cpu fan speed 2280-2343


    That's more like it. Seems like the programs are detecting the wrong sensor.
  13. is there a way to fix that so that they will read correctly ?
  14. looney5508 said:
    is there a way to fix that so that they will read correctly ?


    Install the chipset drivers/update them. After that, Idk.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs