Solved

6-pin GPU, 8-pin PSU slot..

7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about pin gpu pin psu slot
  1. Yep, the first 6 pins on an 8 pin are the same as a 6 pin connector.
  2. Best answer
    That PSU has 4 6+2 pin connectors, use these with out the extra 2 pins attached.
  3. bignastyid said:
    That PSU has 4 6+2 pin connectors, use these with out the extra 2 pins attached.


    I wanted to use a sleeved extension cable for to make my build a little more neat. This 6+2 extension cable should work fine with it, correct? http://www.nzxt.com/product/detail/47-cb-8v-premium-cable.html
  4. youkergav said:
    bignastyid said:
    That PSU has 4 6+2 pin connectors, use these with out the extra 2 pins attached.


    I wanted to use a sleeved extension cable for to make my build a little more neat. This 6+2 extension cable should work fine with it, correct? http://www.nzxt.com/product/detail/47-cb-8v-premium-cable.html


    The cable in the is a 6-pin to 6+2 pin adapter. So you'll need to just plug in the 6-pin part of the 6+2 and will have a 2-pin hanging of the cable and extension.
  5. bignastyid said:
    youkergav said:
    bignastyid said:
    That PSU has 4 6+2 pin connectors, use these with out the extra 2 pins attached.


    I wanted to use a sleeved extension cable for to make my build a little more neat. This 6+2 extension cable should work fine with it, correct? http://www.nzxt.com/product/detail/47-cb-8v-premium-cable.html


    The cable in the is a 6-pin to 6+2 pin adapter. So you'll need to just plug in the 6-pin part of the 6+2 and will have a 2-pin hanging of the cable and extension.


    Okay I understand this. But I want to use a premium cable because this is a higher-end build. So a 6-pin+2 extension cable would work if I connect both the 6-pin+2 cable and 6-pin+2 extension? I don't believe there would be any harm in doing this.
  6. A 6-pin extension would give you a cleaner look.
    http://www.nzxt.com/product/detail/44-cb-6v-premium-cable.html
  7. Ahh I understand now. Thank you, I know that must have been frustrating. Much thanks for the help.
Ask a new question

Read More

GPUs Graphics Cards Graphics