Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Which case would be best suited for this build?

Last response: in Systems
Share
October 8, 2013 4:19:14 PM

Hello, I can't decide which case would be better suited for this build. Money is no issue; I have saved up quite a bit. I like more stylish cases like the Phantom or the Thermaltake Level 10 Limited Edition. I want the best cooling and a nice looking case. Feel free to give me suggestions other than these. This is my first PC and I want a good case. Thank you! (Also tell me if any of the hardware isn't compatible. The MB and the cases below should be both ATX.

Here is my System:

i7-3770k
Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB)
Gigabyte GA-Z77X UP4 TH ATX LGA1155
2x Samsung 840 Series 120 GB SSD 2.5"
Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" HDD
EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB
Corsair H110 94.0 CFM Liquid Cooler
Blu-Ray Drive 5.25"
Corsair Professional 850W 80 Plus Gold Certified ATX12V / ESP12V

Here are my 3 favorite cases:

NZXT Phantom 530 Full Tower
NZXT Phantom 630 Windowed Edition Ultra Tower
NZXT Phantom 820 Ultra Tower (What IS an Ultra Tower?)


More about : case suited build

a b 4 Gaming
October 8, 2013 4:28:53 PM

Ultra = BIGGER

Buy the one you like most .
But check the sizes first
October 8, 2013 4:32:13 PM

Outlander_04 said:
Ultra = BIGGER

Buy the one you like most .
But check the sizes first


The size of the case itself? Like Full/Mid/Mini etc?
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
October 8, 2013 4:48:48 PM

Can't go wrong with The 530.

Ultra is the size above "Full". Obviously, it means it is even bigger than a full tower.
October 8, 2013 5:58:49 PM

Deemo13 said:
Can't go wrong with The 530.

Ultra is the size above "Full". Obviously, it means it is even bigger than a full tower.


Sorry.. I didn't know if it had more features than a Full Tower or if it was just size.
October 8, 2013 6:00:46 PM

So the 530 will have enough room for the GTX 780 an keep it cool enough? Would I need that liquid cooler or just fans? I don't want anything getting near the unsafe heat range. I'm sorry for all of the questions, this is just my first PC and I don't have anyone helping me. And I like these forums a lot so I thought it would be the best place to ask.
October 8, 2013 6:01:38 PM

I would go for the windowed Fractal Design Define R4, it's silenced optimized and looks super nice.

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
October 8, 2013 6:04:02 PM
Share

I think you should be fine. My friend has a Phantom 410 (older model), and he runs a 2500K with 2x 6870's with some extra fans and he never sees heat over 70ish for both cards.
October 8, 2013 7:27:20 PM

roguecatfish said:
I would go for the windowed Fractal Design Define R4, it's silenced optimized and looks super nice.


Alright l'll check it out
October 8, 2013 7:31:25 PM

Thanks for the input everyone.
a b 4 Gaming
October 9, 2013 2:48:36 AM

CaptMcShotalot said:
Outlander_04 said:
Ultra = BIGGER

Buy the one you like most .
But check the sizes first


The size of the case itself? Like Full/Mid/Mini etc?


The size like " does it fit under the desk "
October 9, 2013 7:32:41 AM

Outlander_04 said:
CaptMcShotalot said:
Outlander_04 said:
Ultra = BIGGER

Buy the one you like most .
But check the sizes first


The size of the case itself? Like Full/Mid/Mini etc?


The size like " does it fit under the desk "


Lol true. We shouldn't have any problems there
!