3 Long Beeps with ECC ram installed (Server computer) 4 beeps with non ECC

I have a ASRock E3C204 ATX Server Motherboard (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157354)
and it's not booting. I installed ECC ram, made sure I was grounded and it gave me 3 long beeps. So I tested in my computer, non server, and it would shut off after 4 seconds of pressing the power button. My ram that I put in the server motherboard gave me 4 fast beeps. So should I try getting new ram or getting a new motherboard?
9 answers Last reply
More about long beeps ecc ram installed server computer beeps ecc
  1. What else did you have connected to the server? Can you list specs and peripherals?
  2. PyjamasCat said:
    What else did you have connected to the server? Can you list specs and peripherals?

    Rosewill Green Series RG430-S12 430W
    Intel Xeon E3-1245 V2 Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz
    Kingston 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM ECC Registered DDR3 1333 Server Memory Model KVR13LR9S8/4
  3. Arlen10 said:
    PyjamasCat said:
    What else did you have connected to the server? Can you list specs and peripherals?

    Rosewill Green Series RG430-S12 430W
    Intel Xeon E3-1245 V2 Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz
    Kingston 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM ECC Registered DDR3 1333 Server Memory Model KVR13LR9S8/4


    No HDDs, SSDs, Network cards, keyboards, mice, displays etc?
  4. PyjamasCat said:
    Arlen10 said:
    PyjamasCat said:
    What else did you have connected to the server? Can you list specs and peripherals?

    Rosewill Green Series RG430-S12 430W
    Intel Xeon E3-1245 V2 Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz
    Kingston 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM ECC Registered DDR3 1333 Server Memory Model KVR13LR9S8/4


    No HDDs, SSDs, Network cards, keyboards, mice, displays etc?


    2 hard drives, 1 display, that's it hard drives are clean.
  5. Specs state: Support up to 32GB DDR3 ECC UDIMM

    UDIMM is short for Unbuffered DIMM, so you are using trying to use unsupported Registered memory. RDIMM is short for Registered DIMM. Unbuffered ECC memory is the right kind.
  6. Calvin7 said:
    Specs state: Support up to 32GB DDR3 ECC UDIMM

    UDIMM is short for Unbuffered DIMM, so you are using trying to use unsupported Registered memory. RDIMM is short for Registered DIMM. Unbuffered ECC memory is the right kind.


    Real.
  7. Calvin7 said:
    Specs state: Support up to 32GB DDR3 ECC UDIMM

    UDIMM is short for Unbuffered DIMM, so you are using trying to use unsupported Registered memory. RDIMM is short for Registered DIMM. Unbuffered ECC memory is the right kind.


    But how come it didn't work and did 4 beets when I put my ram in, my ram is unbuffered.
  8. I tried the new RAM, unbuffered, 4 short beeps. What do I do.
  9. I reseated the CPU, it booted up once without any drives in, then when I restarted with the drives in, it stopped working, unplugged the drives still not working.
Ask a new question

Read More

Computers ASrock Motherboards RAM Servers ATX