Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Need expert's advice for my first high-end build pc :-)

Last response: in Components
Share
October 8, 2013 8:41:30 PM

Greetings! This is my first post in this site. I need some advice/pointers for this build and what else do I need.

CPU - AMD FX-8350

Motherboard - Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0

Memory - Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1866

Storage - WD Black 1TB

CPU Fan - Corsair H110i or CM Seidon 240

Video Card - undecided

What chassis is recommended for this build? How about the power supply? I'm not planning to overclock since I haven't tried. Graphics card is optional. I choose liquid cooling simply because I like it. :-)

Any suggestion/advice is acceptable. Thank you!
a c 899 à CPUs
a c 359 À AMD
October 8, 2013 8:45:13 PM

Graphics card is necessary since neither the board or CPU has IGP, the card will as well decide the size of the required PSU. The build will fit in any Mid tower and up so if you have a budget in mind we can make some suggestions!
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
October 8, 2013 8:50:26 PM

Do you have a target budget in mind? I would add that I would prolly stay away from the h100i, I hear there are some quality control issues with that particular cooler. I got one DOA and while searching for a fix I found way to many people with the same problem. I would recommend the corsair 750D and the cooler master h110
Case
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=11-139-...
Cooler
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=E...

The nice thing about the h110 is that it simply needs 3 mobo fan headers for the pump and 2 fans. The asus software will do a great job regulating the fan speeds to keep your noise levels low.

edited. h110i should be h100i
m
0
l
Related resources
October 8, 2013 9:25:36 PM

rolli59 said:
Graphics card is necessary since neither the board or CPU has IGP, the card will as well decide the size of the required PSU. The build will fit in any Mid tower and up so if you have a budget in mind we can make some suggestions!


For this build, my budget is $950-$1K
m
0
l
October 8, 2013 9:30:37 PM

PsyKhiqZero said:
Do you have a target budget in mind? I would add that I would prolly stay away from the h110i, I hear there are some quality control issues with that particular cooler. I got one DOA and while searching for a fix I found way to many people with the same problem. I would recommend the corsair 750D and the cooler master h110
Case
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=11-139-...
Cooler
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=E...

The nice thing about the h110 is that it simply needs 3 mobo fan headers for the pump and 2 fans. The asus software will do a great job regulating the fan speeds to keep your noise levels low.


Thank you for the warning. The h110 is just a bit bigger than the h110i. And I hope it's better.
m
0
l

Best solution

a c 899 à CPUs
a c 359 À AMD
October 8, 2013 9:38:22 PM

Carlson Inver said:
rolli59 said:
Graphics card is necessary since neither the board or CPU has IGP, the card will as well decide the size of the required PSU. The build will fit in any Mid tower and up so if you have a budget in mind we can make some suggestions!


For this build, my budget is $950-$1K


http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1MAR7 with XFX550 watt PSU but here is a Corsair 750 if you want to go 2 x GPU http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Share
!