Solved

Which brand of GTX 760 to buy?

15 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about brand gtx 760 buy
  1. People suggested me to get the MSI twin frost!
  2. nope. msi, best cooling best speeds. done
  3. Get the Zotac. Core 1111/1176MHz, memory 6208MHz. And it's cheaper too.
  4. huilun02 said:
    Get the Zotac. Core 1111/1176MHz, memory 6208MHz. And it's cheaper too.


    Don't get the ZOTAC. It has very bad cooling, get the EVGA SC or the MSI.
  5. I'm not so sure about the fancy cooler on the EVGA SC tho..
  6. Best answer
    MSI N760 HAWK is said to be the best 760

    ~Highest Clock
    ~Fabulous Cooling
    ~Some dust-free technology crap
    ~Twin Bios for innovative OCing
    ~with Twin Bios you achieve very high OCing because it removes some voltage limitations

    I'm buying it, many people love it I'm sure you would too.

    Gigabyte is very long and doesn't have the best clocks
    Evga's cooler isnt that great, the clocks are good and the warranty is great
    Asus is said to be good but after loooking about the MSI still conquers

    MSI N760 Hawk: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127750

    if you were early you could've gotten AC4 and Blacklist for free but I guess they changed that
  7. BlankInsanity said:
    MSI N760 HAWK is said to be the best 760

    ~Highest Clock
    ~Fabulous Cooling
    ~Some dust-free technology crap
    ~Twin Bios for innovative OCing
    ~with Twin Bios you achieve very high OCing because it removes some voltage limitations

    I'm buying it, many people love it I'm sure you would too.

    Gigabyte is very long and doesn't have the best clocks
    Evga's cooler isnt that great, the clocks are good and the warranty is great
    Asus is said to be good but after loooking about the MSI still conquers

    MSI N760 Hawk: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127750

    if you were early you could've gotten AC4 and Blacklist for free but I guess they changed that


    Paying 299$ [FROM THE LINK HE GAVE] or 290$ [from NEWEGG] for 760 with no free games doesn't seem like a good deal. Add in 10$ and get the R9-280X which is at GTX 770 level.

    For the budget get this card http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=43_1200_557_559&item_id=061676&sid=0bdmnrgu1n6h3j84rjbqo1t697
    It's the cheapest in your list, has nice factory overclock and card stays pretty cool. I have it :) and can vouch for it.
    ALSO evga support is 2nd to none, it's probably has the best support/ After sale service in the world.
  8. Totally didn't see that coming.
  9. True he can the the MSI R9 280x for just 10$ more.

    The EVGA 760 like I said before is pretty medicore to what the Hawk has to offer, you're right though If you gonna buy the MSI n760 Hawk might aswell get the R9 280x since it's just 10$ more

    None the less whatever you decide Gigabyte, Asus, MSI or Evga you won't be disappointed with your choice. Just my suggestion
  10. BlankInsanity said:
    True he can the the MSI R9 280x for just 10$ more.

    The EVGA 760 like I said before is pretty medicore to what the Hawk has to offer, you're right though If you gonna buy the MSI n760 Hawk might aswell get the R9 280x since it's just 10$ more

    None the less whatever you decide Gigabyte, Asus, MSI or Evga you won't be disappointed with your choice. Just my suggestion


    Yes i agree the hawk is better than evga sc. BUT it's definitely not worth the extra 40$. Also 760 HAWK and 280X have a huge difference and it's surely worth the extra 10$ :))

    @OP if you can spend around 300$, do try to get the 280X [Sapphire Dual-X is the cheapest and the best at this price range]
  11. acid1drinker said:
    BlankInsanity said:
    True he can the the MSI R9 280x for just 10$ more.

    The EVGA 760 like I said before is pretty medicore to what the Hawk has to offer, you're right though If you gonna buy the MSI n760 Hawk might aswell get the R9 280x since it's just 10$ more

    None the less whatever you decide Gigabyte, Asus, MSI or Evga you won't be disappointed with your choice. Just my suggestion


    Yes i agree the hawk is better than evga sc. BUT it's definitely not worth the extra 40$. Also 760 HAWK and 280X have a huge difference and it's surely worth the extra 10$ :))

    @OP if you can spend around 300$, do try to get the 280X [Sapphire Dual-X is the cheapest and the best at this price range]


    be cautious of what aftermarket 280x you buy though. Though the N760 Hawk is roughly $289 and the 280x is $299. The N760 Hawk requires 550W while some variations of the 280x can require up to 750W so take into notice of the PSU you're gonna get if you're getting the 280x
  12. BlankInsanity said:
    acid1drinker said:
    BlankInsanity said:
    True he can the the MSI R9 280x for just 10$ more.

    The EVGA 760 like I said before is pretty medicore to what the Hawk has to offer, you're right though If you gonna buy the MSI n760 Hawk might aswell get the R9 280x since it's just 10$ more

    None the less whatever you decide Gigabyte, Asus, MSI or Evga you won't be disappointed with your choice. Just my suggestion


    Yes i agree the hawk is better than evga sc. BUT it's definitely not worth the extra 40$. Also 760 HAWK and 280X have a huge difference and it's surely worth the extra 10$ :))

    @OP if you can spend around 300$, do try to get the 280X [Sapphire Dual-X is the cheapest and the best at this price range]


    be cautious of what aftermarket 280x you buy though. Though the N760 Hawk is roughly $289 and the 280x is $299. The N760 Hawk requires 550W while some variations of the 280x can require up to 750W so take into notice of the PSU you're gonna get if you're getting the 280x


    True the Sapphire 280X Dual-X has a verry effective cooler AND Sapphire recommends 750W of PSU because many people tend to cheap out on bad quality PSU's. If you have a quality 550W PSU from XFX,Corsair or Seasonic you will be able to handle 280X easily..
  13. acid1drinker said:
    BlankInsanity said:
    acid1drinker said:
    BlankInsanity said:
    True he can the the MSI R9 280x for just 10$ more.

    The EVGA 760 like I said before is pretty medicore to what the Hawk has to offer, you're right though If you gonna buy the MSI n760 Hawk might aswell get the R9 280x since it's just 10$ more

    None the less whatever you decide Gigabyte, Asus, MSI or Evga you won't be disappointed with your choice. Just my suggestion


    Yes i agree the hawk is better than evga sc. BUT it's definitely not worth the extra 40$. Also 760 HAWK and 280X have a huge difference and it's surely worth the extra 10$ :))

    @OP if you can spend around 300$, do try to get the 280X [Sapphire Dual-X is the cheapest and the best at this price range]


    be cautious of what aftermarket 280x you buy though. Though the N760 Hawk is roughly $289 and the 280x is $299. The N760 Hawk requires 550W while some variations of the 280x can require up to 750W so take into notice of the PSU you're gonna get if you're getting the 280x


    True the Sapphire 280X Dual-X has a verry effective cooler AND Sapphire recommends 750W of PSU because many people tend to cheap out on bad quality PSU's. If you have a quality 550W PSU from XFX,Corsair or Seasonic you will be able to handle 280X easily..


    wow.. if Im gettting a XFX 650W might aswell get a 280x then.. interesting fact
  14. I'd rather he pick a 280X instead if it was just $10 more. At the site he linked canadacomputers.com it's at least $319

    Maybe consider this 7970 for CAD $280 after rebate: http://tinyurl.com/my7k4lp

    Or if you insist on a GTX 760 it's cheaper at NCIX.ca

    Really fast Gigabyte one at CAD $255 http://tinyurl.com/lpvrm8u
    MSI Twin Frozr 1085/1150MHz $260 http://tinyurl.com/m7zgfwm
    EVGA SC ACX 1085/1150MHz $270 http://tinyurl.com/kyxzj64
    Asus DCU 2 OC 1006/1072MHz $280 http://tinyurl.com/mpfxs9y

    And you get the free games with the 7970/760
Ask a new question

Read More

Gtx GPUs Graphics Cards Graphics