FX 6300 Core Temp measurement unlikely?

DireMe

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2013
My CPU is an FX 6300. My friend has a Intel 4670k which comes in at 35 degres Idle (according to Core Temp) with Hyper 212 evo.
My 6300 with stock cooling measures 8 degres Idle with core temp. I see this as highly unlikely, any recommendations of other temp measure software? Thanks

jacobnestell

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2013
your temps are perfectly fine 6300's run very cool i used to have one and they just are generally are very cool running CPU's but the i7 4670k on the other hand are built to handle higher temps and they run generally higher :) glad i can help

jacobnestell

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2013
your temps are perfectly fine 6300's run very cool i used to have one and they just are generally are very cool running CPU's but the i7 4670k on the other hand are built to handle higher temps and they run generally higher :) glad i can help

Nitro192

Distinguished
The software your using is just giving false temps, 8'C isn't possible for a CPU because that temperature is only a few degrees off freezing point lol. Core temp does that alot with AMD cpu's the best software for rating temps on AMD is Speedfan.

Nitro192

Distinguished
I know, I live in canada. Everything is in celsius here. If you do the research i'm sure you'll find it's simply not possible for a CPU to be so cold. You'd literaly have frost forming around the motherboard as well as condensation because 8'C is the temperature of inside a refrigerator. :p

Im sure if you used a few different pieces of software you'd find it would have read different temps in the high 20's. Another user had the same issue in another post with the same CPU and the problem was coretemp.

I had a similar issue with the same software when i had my AMD Phenom so i had to use other software.

DireMe

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2013

Thought so, thanks man, after doing a lot of multitasking and games and stuff it got 50 degres which seems less arguable!