FX 6300 Overclocked have to press turn on button twice.

Sapling09

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2013
I have recently overclocked my FX 6300 to 4ghz on stock voltages. I am using motherboard gigabyte 970a D3 REV 3 with GUI bios. I have CS 650 power supply.

On default optimised settings I have no problems booting up my pc. When I change the multiplier to 20 and frequency to 4ghz I have to press the turn on button twice to actually boot. On the first try my PC turn on for a second and turns off. On the second try it boots up as should.

I am currently doing stress tests in prime95 see if there are any errors. During heavy loads (rendering, playing games) I haven't encountered any problems.

As I said before only problem I have is the booting one. It is annoying to press the button twice and hope nothing goes wrong. I would like to know what should I do since I am a little new to overclocking. I kept every setting in the bios by default except the turbo core which is disabled now and the multiplier which is set to 20.

I would appreciate any help. Thank you guys.

I also have a bonus question: Since I use the computer MOSTLY for gaming. Will I see a difference in frames if I keep it with turbo core on and default clocks rather than on 4 ghz ?

I see a difference but I am not sure if I am just not being paranoid.

Increase you voltage by 0.05v at a time until you achieve stability. Download prime95 and run options->torture test->blend after each voltage bump to check stability (blend will also check your RAM).

Max safe voltage for vishera chips seems to be 1.5 to 1.55 volts. I would cap it at 1.475 to be completely safe.

keep an eye on your temps as well, when stress testing, your cpu temp shouldn't go above 60c

Sapling09

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2013

I did the tests and everything seems stable. I just don't understand why do I have to press the button twice to turn on my pc while OCed.

Sapling09

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2013

Thanks. I also have a question. Am I loosing warranty if I overclock my CPU ? Because my fx 6300 has turbo core set to 4.1ghz by default but I prefer having 4ghz without the turbo core with cool n quiet on.