Will this rig play most games at 1080p on max setting ?

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/b0wl/saved/2yXn

Will this be good for most of the newer games
9 answers Last reply
More about rig play games 1080p max setting
  1. PFF! heck yeah!. However, two things to point out - swap out the 770's for amd's new r9 280x cards (they are $100 cheaper than the 770 and perform better) and get at least a 850 watt psu.

    Other than that it looks good.
  2. Well of course it will You're spending $800 on graphics alone. For most games you won't reach 144 fps on max settings at 1080p though. Also, you clearly have the money. Just go for an i5-4670k instead of an FX-8350.
  3. A better build for you -

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($229.99 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK 68.5 CFM CPU Cooler ($49.99 @ Amazon)
    Thermal Compound: TUNIQ TX-2 3.5g Thermal Paste ($7.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: Asus Z87-PLUS ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($158.99 @ Amazon)
    Memory: Kingston Beast 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory ($84.98 @ NCIX US)
    Memory: Kingston Beast 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory ($84.98 @ NCIX US)
    Storage: Samsung 840 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($98.29 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($119.99 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: Asus Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card (2-Way CrossFire) ($316.13 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: Asus Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card (2-Way CrossFire) ($316.13 @ Newegg)
    Case: Thermaltake Chaser A31 Snow White ATX Mid Tower Case ($78.81 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II 850W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($129.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer ($19.99 @ Newegg)
    Monitor: Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" Monitor ($266.99 @ Amazon)
    Total: $1953.24
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-10-12 00:54 EDT-0400)
  4. The r9 280x doesnt perform better than the 770.
  5. Your both wrong, the 770 performs BETTER than the r9 280x but the difference is very tiny and the card is 100$ cheaper so it's obvious that you'll go for the r9 280x.
  6. Digestive97 said:
    Your both wrong, the 770 performs BETTER than the r9 280x but the difference is very tiny and the card is 100$ cheaper so it's obvious that you'll go for the r9 280x.


    Not sure how I'm wrong though lol.
    I said it doesn't perform better. Anyway, I trust Nvidia more when it comes to drivers.
  7. Deus Gladiorum said:
    Digestive97 said:
    Your both wrong, the 770 performs BETTER than the r9 280x but the difference is very tiny and the card is 100$ cheaper so it's obvious that you'll go for the r9 280x.


    Not sure how I'm wrong though lol.
    I said it doesn't perform better. Anyway, I trust Nvidia more when it comes to drivers.


    Actually, the 280x performs significantly better in allot of benchmarks (however, the 770's are at stock clocks but still!)- http://www.anandtech.com/show/7400/the-radeon-r9-280x-review-feat-asus-xfx

    Also, take a look at how the toxic version of the 280x performs compared to a 770 - http://www.anandtech.com/show/7406/the-sapphire-r9-280x-toxic-review/3
  8. The EVGA GTX770 SC ACX pwns them all but it's an expensive card...
  9. TBC1 said:
    Deus Gladiorum said:
    Digestive97 said:
    Your both wrong, the 770 performs BETTER than the r9 280x but the difference is very tiny and the card is 100$ cheaper so it's obvious that you'll go for the r9 280x.


    Not sure how I'm wrong though lol.
    I said it doesn't perform better. Anyway, I trust Nvidia more when it comes to drivers.


    Actually, the 280x performs significantly better in allot of benchmarks (however, the 770's are at stock clocks but still!)- http://www.anandtech.com/show/7400/the-radeon-r9-280x-review-feat-asus-xfx

    Also, take a look at how the toxic version of the 280x performs compared to a 770 - http://www.anandtech.com/show/7406/the-sapphire-r9-280x-toxic-review/3


    The 770s i picked already out perform the 780 so i think im going to stay with them
Ask a new question

Read More

Games Systems