Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Building a 600-800 dollar gaming rig.

Last response: in Components
Share
October 11, 2013 11:47:36 PM

Approximate Purchase Date: Within the week.
Budget Range:600-800 before rebates and after shipping.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Surfing the web.
Parts Not Required: I have my case already purchased (In-Win Gt1) And i dont need any peripherals.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Doesn't really matter to me.

Country: I live in canada.

Parts Preferences: I'm not loyal to any make or brand.

Overclocking: Not originally but maybe down the road if the hardware allows it.

SLI or Crossfire: Not in the beginning.

Monitor Resolution: Not really sure. It's a flatron w19343s however.

Additional Comments: I do need to factor in windows 7 into the price. Which is a shame. I would like to play semi modern games. Im not a fan of Crysis or Battlefield. And would just really like to play games like borderlands 2 and skyrim at med to high settings if possible. Thank you for any and all help.
a b 4 Gaming
October 12, 2013 8:36:39 AM

DamianPerson said:
Approximate Purchase Date: Within the week.
Budget Range:600-800 before rebates and after shipping.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Surfing the web.
Parts Not Required: I have my case already purchased (In-Win Gt1) And i dont need any peripherals.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Doesn't really matter to me.

Country: I live in canada.

Parts Preferences: I'm not loyal to any make or brand.

Overclocking: Not originally but maybe down the road if the hardware allows it.

SLI or Crossfire: Not in the beginning.

Monitor Resolution: Not really sure. It's a flatron w19343s however.

Additional Comments: I do need to factor in windows 7 into the price. Which is a shame. I would like to play semi modern games. Im not a fan of Crysis or Battlefield. And would just really like to play games like borderlands 2 and skyrim at med to high settings if possible. Thank you for any and all help.


ntel Core i5-3470 Processor: http://amzn.to/1avZ9xG

MSI B75MA-P45 Motherboard: http://amzn.to/12a7hei

XFX Radeon HD 7870 Graphics Card: http://amzn.to/11bhj51 ( Go upto the hd7950 since its gone down in price by now)

8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 RAM: http://amzn.to/ZkATWc

1TB Western Digital Caviar Black Hard Drive: http://amzn.to/1beD3Mh

NZXT Source 220 Case: http://amzn.to/12a8hil Out of stock? Try this: http://amzn.to/10v8nVB

500W Corsair CX500 Power Supply: http://amzn.to/11VW56E

These parts make up the $750 build however since this is a custom PC feel free to customize it with some of these options!

OS - Windows 8 System Builder: http://amzn.to/11U6P6L

OS - Windows 7 System Builder: http://amzn.to/11U6YHm

Optical Drive - Lite-On DVD Burner: http://amzn.to/12YsKLr

Wi-Fi Adapter - Asus PCE-N15: http://amzn.to/10TdzFf

GPU Upgrade - XFX Radeon HD 7950: http://amzn.to/1aw1KaW

SSD Upgrade - 120GB Samsung 840: http://amzn.to/101HXag

HDD Option - 500GB Western Digital Caviar Black: http://amzn.to/11Zb8fq

HDD Option - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Black: http://amzn.to/14mlIRh
m
0
l
Related resources
October 12, 2013 9:20:07 AM

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1NR2o
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1NR2o/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1NR2o/benchmarks/

CPU: Intel Core i5-3350P 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor ($175.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: ASRock H77M Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($64.98 @ Outlet PC)
Memory: Kingston Predator Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory ($58.61 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($62.98 @ Outlet PC)
Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 7970 3GB Video Card ($279.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($59.99 @ Microcenter)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($88.98 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $791.51
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-10-12 12:19 EDT-0400)
m
0
l
October 12, 2013 9:47:42 AM

diazalon said:
DamianPerson said:
Approximate Purchase Date: Within the week.
Budget Range:600-800 before rebates and after shipping.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Surfing the web.
Parts Not Required: I have my case already purchased (In-Win Gt1) And i dont need any peripherals.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Doesn't really matter to me.

Country: I live in canada.

Parts Preferences: I'm not loyal to any make or brand.

Overclocking: Not originally but maybe down the road if the hardware allows it.

SLI or Crossfire: Not in the beginning.

Monitor Resolution: Not really sure. It's a flatron w19343s however.

Additional Comments: I do need to factor in windows 7 into the price. Which is a shame. I would like to play semi modern games. Im not a fan of Crysis or Battlefield. And would just really like to play games like borderlands 2 and skyrim at med to high settings if possible. Thank you for any and all help.


ntel Core i5-3470 Processor: http://amzn.to/1avZ9xG

MSI B75MA-P45 Motherboard: http://amzn.to/12a7hei

XFX Radeon HD 7870 Graphics Card: http://amzn.to/11bhj51 ( Go upto the hd7950 since its gone down in price by now)

8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 RAM: http://amzn.to/ZkATWc

1TB Western Digital Caviar Black Hard Drive: http://amzn.to/1beD3Mh

NZXT Source 220 Case: http://amzn.to/12a8hil Out of stock? Try this: http://amzn.to/10v8nVB

500W Corsair CX500 Power Supply: http://amzn.to/11VW56E

These parts make up the $750 build however since this is a custom PC feel free to customize it with some of these options!

OS - Windows 8 System Builder: http://amzn.to/11U6P6L

OS - Windows 7 System Builder: http://amzn.to/11U6YHm

Optical Drive - Lite-On DVD Burner: http://amzn.to/12YsKLr

Wi-Fi Adapter - Asus PCE-N15: http://amzn.to/10TdzFf

GPU Upgrade - XFX Radeon HD 7950: http://amzn.to/1aw1KaW

SSD Upgrade - 120GB Samsung 840: http://amzn.to/101HXag

HDD Option - 500GB Western Digital Caviar Black: http://amzn.to/11Zb8fq

HDD Option - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Black: http://amzn.to/14mlIRh


Unfortunately amazon doesn't ship to where i live.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
October 12, 2013 9:55:15 AM

DamianPerson said:
diazalon said:
DamianPerson said:
Approximate Purchase Date: Within the week.
Budget Range:600-800 before rebates and after shipping.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Surfing the web.
Parts Not Required: I have my case already purchased (In-Win Gt1) And i dont need any peripherals.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Doesn't really matter to me.

Country: I live in canada.

Parts Preferences: I'm not loyal to any make or brand.

Overclocking: Not originally but maybe down the road if the hardware allows it.

SLI or Crossfire: Not in the beginning.

Monitor Resolution: Not really sure. It's a flatron w19343s however.

Additional Comments: I do need to factor in windows 7 into the price. Which is a shame. I would like to play semi modern games. Im not a fan of Crysis or Battlefield. And would just really like to play games like borderlands 2 and skyrim at med to high settings if possible. Thank you for any and all help.


ntel Core i5-3470 Processor: http://amzn.to/1avZ9xG

MSI B75MA-P45 Motherboard: http://amzn.to/12a7hei

XFX Radeon HD 7870 Graphics Card: http://amzn.to/11bhj51 ( Go upto the hd7950 since its gone down in price by now)

8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 RAM: http://amzn.to/ZkATWc

1TB Western Digital Caviar Black Hard Drive: http://amzn.to/1beD3Mh

NZXT Source 220 Case: http://amzn.to/12a8hil Out of stock? Try this: http://amzn.to/10v8nVB

500W Corsair CX500 Power Supply: http://amzn.to/11VW56E

These parts make up the $750 build however since this is a custom PC feel free to customize it with some of these options!

OS - Windows 8 System Builder: http://amzn.to/11U6P6L

OS - Windows 7 System Builder: http://amzn.to/11U6YHm

Optical Drive - Lite-On DVD Burner: http://amzn.to/12YsKLr

Wi-Fi Adapter - Asus PCE-N15: http://amzn.to/10TdzFf

GPU Upgrade - XFX Radeon HD 7950: http://amzn.to/1aw1KaW

SSD Upgrade - 120GB Samsung 840: http://amzn.to/101HXag

HDD Option - 500GB Western Digital Caviar Black: http://amzn.to/11Zb8fq

HDD Option - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Black: http://amzn.to/14mlIRh


Unfortunately amazon doesn't ship to where i live.

You could bump up the budget $100 more..
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3350P 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor ($185.85 @ DirectCanada)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($134.99 @ NCIX)
Memory: Corsair XMS 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($80.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($64.75 @ Vuugo)
Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 7970 3GB Video Card ($309.99 @ NCIX)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($59.99 @ NCIX)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 Full (64-bit) ($112.48 @ Newegg Canada)
Total: $949.04
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-10-12 12:54 EDT-0400)
or
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3350P 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor ($185.85 @ DirectCanada)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($134.99 @ NCIX)
Memory: Corsair XMS 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($80.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($64.75 @ Vuugo)
Video Card: Asus Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card ($224.99 @ NCIX)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($59.99 @ NCIX)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 Full (64-bit) ($112.48 @ Newegg Canada)
Total: $864.04
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-10-12 12:56 EDT-0400)
m
0
l
!