Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

which one should i get?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
October 12, 2013 9:17:02 AM

Just sor the amazing deals on the front page for the 7970, my question is do i buy the
Asus HD 7970 Matrix Platinum 3072MB or wait for
Sapphire Radeon R9 280X Toxic OC 3072MB

I need this for gaming at 1080p which one do u think ? Thanks

p.s money is not a problem

More about : question

a b U Graphics card
October 12, 2013 9:23:58 AM

in a month the new graphics card should be available globally .
the R9 280X will be optimized and we will see benchmarks if it is relay worth it.
graphic card prices should drop :) 
m
0
l
a c 1415 U Graphics card
October 12, 2013 9:24:07 AM

The Asus will handle it just fine and if it is substantially cheaper is the one I would get.
m
0
l
Related resources
a c 1415 U Graphics card
October 12, 2013 9:25:59 AM

JOHNN93 said:
in a month the new graphics card should be available globally .
the R9 280X will be optimized and we will see benchmarks if it is relay worth it.
graphic card prices should drop :) 


The 280X is already out and the world is full of benchmarks! http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-r9-280x-r9-2...
And it is a rebranded 7970GHz edition with slight changes on clocks.
m
0
l

Best solution

a c 1415 U Graphics card
October 12, 2013 9:44:21 AM

Blindeagle said:
I mean i sor this review and look at how good it looks :0
http://www.anandtech.com/show/7406/the-sapphire-r9-280x...

Yes it is good but 1-3fps on a card in that performance group is not worth $50-60 more price.
Share
a b U Graphics card
October 12, 2013 9:44:43 AM

rolli59 said:
JOHNN93 said:
in a month the new graphics card should be available globally .
the R9 280X will be optimized and we will see benchmarks if it is relay worth it.
graphic card prices should drop :) 


The 280X is already out and the world is full of benchmarks! http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-r9-280x-r9-2...
And it is a rebranded 7970GHz edition with slight changes on clocks.


yes benchmarks are out but only r7 models are available for purchase

oh come on how could this be in my country a month and if they arrive
m
0
l
a c 1415 U Graphics card
October 12, 2013 9:55:40 AM

JOHNN93 said:
rolli59 said:
JOHNN93 said:
in a month the new graphics card should be available globally .
the R9 280X will be optimized and we will see benchmarks if it is relay worth it.
graphic card prices should drop :) 


The 280X is already out and the world is full of benchmarks! http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-r9-280x-r9-2...
And it is a rebranded 7970GHz edition with slight changes on clocks.


yes benchmarks are out but only r7 models are available for purchase

Was there yesterday and still today http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=E...
m
0
l
October 12, 2013 10:11:27 AM

ye the Sapphire Radeon R9 280X Toxic OC 3072MB will be out this friday
m
0
l
!