Solved

Which R9 280X ? Sapphire Or GIGABYTE

Hi,

So i'm planning on buying the new R9 280X but i have two options in simiilar price:
GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280X Windforce X3 3GB
Sapphire Radeon R9 280X VAPOR-X OC 3GB GDDR5

Which one is the best choice? especiialy for OC!
13 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 280x sapphire gigabyte
  1. In just about anything AMD sapphire is the way to go. Sapphire has slightly better build quality but they will preform almost identical.
  2. Gam3r01 said:
    In just about anything AMD sapphire is the way to go. Sapphire has slightly better build quality but they will preform almost identical.


    And what about the noise? which is more quiet ?
  3. Best answer
    The Vapor-X is one of the best coolers Sapphire has. They will both be within a few decibels of eachother. So there will be no real difference.
  4. Without a doubt sapphire
  5. And yet GIGABYTE shows better numbers for the OC
    •BASE:1000MHz / BOOST:1100 MHz

    Sapphire
    950/Boost:1070 MHz Core Clock
  6. Bar18 said:
    And yet GIGABYTE shows better numbers for the OC
    •BASE:1000MHz / BOOST:1100 MHz

    Sapphire
    950/Boost:1070 MHz Core Clock



    you can just OC the Sapphire faster than the Gigabyte, for free.
  7. Stock clocks dont mean much, with the move of a slider in Overdrive you already surpass those by 300+MHz with no voltage tuning.
  8. I have 600W psu and the Sapphire card require 750 Watt Power Supply
  9. They "require" Mine requires 500 watts yet Im only pulling about 350 total. Those are a bit overkill on the requirements.
  10. All the reviews I have seen on these 2 cards indicate that the Sapphire card is actually quite loud and is significantly louder than the Gigabyte. The ASUS CUII Top is the quietest R9 280X by far. Also, dB math is important to understand for noise level. A simple (or as some say small 3dB) difference is actually twice the noise level. Every 3dB increase doubles the noise.
  11. Helper01 said:
    All the reviews I have seen on these 2 cards indicate that the Sapphire card is actually quite loud and is significantly louder than the Gigabyte. The ASUS CUII Top is the quietest R9 280X by far. Also, dB math is important to understand for noise level. A simple (or as some say small 3dB) difference is actually twice the noise level. Every 3dB increase doubles the noise.

    Yeh, that's what I have seen as well. The sapphire card is very loud. In terms of performance the order is Sapphire > Asus > Gigabyte > MSI (280x). I would choose the Asus card as is has the second highest clock speed, It is extremely quiet, performs amazingly, cools perfectly, looks desirable and power consumption is low, On firestrike (full load) Asus draws ~393 watts and the Sapphire draws a whopping 469 watts. However the Asus card is a bit more expense than the others. It is really up to you but in my opinion the Asus is the best one and is the one I will be getting.
  12. I'm in the same boat and I was going to go with the Sapphire Vapor but now that its out of stock on newegg I'm going with the Gigabyte and I'm glad it came down to it.

    All tests the Gigabyte has better FPS in the games that I play, it has decent structural braces, cooling is up to par even OCed.

    I can't see why I would pay $30 more dollars for less performance.

    http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/gigabyte_radeon_r9_280x_windforce_review,1.html
  13. i'd go with vapor..it has backplate cooling too..plus both cards are voltage locked so extreme ocing is impossible..you can match the ggbyte's clock with the sapphire twixx.
Ask a new question

Read More

AMD Gigabyte Sapphire Graphics Graphics Cards Radeon