Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

I need confirmation that this computer build will work please

Last response: in Systems
Share
October 12, 2013 7:06:53 PM

Hi I'm building my first desktop for gaming around $1000. I've already chose the parts but since it's my first time I just wanted to make sure everything was compatible with each other. These are the parts:

PSU - Corsair CX Series 600 Watt ATX/EPS Modular 80 PLUS Bronze

Graphic card - EVGA GeForce GTX760 SuperClocked w/EVGA ACX Cooler 2GB GDDR5

CPU Fan - Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - CPU Cooler with 120mm PWM Fan

CPU - Intel Core i5-4670K

Motherboard - MSI Computer Corp. Motherboard ATX DDR3 1333 LGA 1150 motherboards Z87-G43

RAM - Corsair Vengeance 8 GB ( 2 x 4 GB ) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800) 240-Pin DDR3

SSD - Samsung 840 Series 2.5 inch 120GB

Hard drive - Western Digital WD1002FAEX Caviar Black 1 TB SATA III 7200 RPM 64 MB
Cache

Case - Corsair Carbide Series 200R Compact ATX Case

Optical drive - 256bitLite-On Super AllWrite 24X SATA DVD+/-RW Dual Layer Drive

This build will be running windows 8 and it'll be mostly for gaming. I might overclock my CPU in the future too so i would like to know if the PSU I chose would be enough for that too.

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
October 12, 2013 7:26:10 PM

Yes, all the parts are compatible. However, your mobo does not support sli if you are planning on buying another nvidia gpu in the future.
Share
October 12, 2013 7:30:01 PM

everything should work, BUT i would check on the hyper 212 evo to make sure they have added support for lga 1150. last i checked a few months ago, 1155 was the latest it supported.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
October 12, 2013 7:33:27 PM

King Kii said:
everything should work, BUT i would check on the hyper 212 evo to make sure they have added support for lga 1150. last i checked a few months ago, 1155 was the latest it supported.


I just bought a 212 evo and it works with the 1150 socket.
m
0
l
October 12, 2013 8:06:46 PM

TBC1 said:
Yes, all the parts are compatible. However, your mobo does not support sli if you are planning on buying another nvidia gpu in the future.


Oh okay, I wasn't planning to run two graphic cards in the same time anyways but thanks for letting me.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
October 12, 2013 8:30:00 PM

michael9137 said:
TBC1 said:
Yes, all the parts are compatible. However, your mobo does not support sli if you are planning on buying another nvidia gpu in the future.


Oh okay, I wasn't planning to run two graphic cards in the same time anyways but thanks for letting me.


Your welcome!
m
0
l
!