Solved

FX-8350 Temperature Concerns

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/8038/s4a1.jpg

The max temperature was while running Prime95 and I have a Thermaltake Contac 16 cooler on it. For some reason I don't believe these temperatures. I'm running at stock speeds.
13 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 8350 temperature concerns
  1. Those temps look normal to me. What concerns you anyway? Is it too hot for you? or too cold?
  2. james77 said:
    Those temps look normal to me. What concerns you anyway? Is it too hot for you? or too cold?


    I just got this a few days ago. But, it seems way to cold seeing as i only have a 92mm fan on my heat sink. Plus my old CPU (Athlon II X4 640) idled at 35-50 degrees
  3. Matt Fulcher said:
    james77 said:
    Those temps look normal to me. What concerns you anyway? Is it too hot for you? or too cold?


    I just got this a few days ago. But, it seems way to cold seeing as i only have a 92mm fan on my heat sink. Plus my old CPU (Athlon II X4 640) idled at 35-50 degrees


    You should be happy it's that cold hahaha. It will still get hotter when you start overclocking it. :)
  4. james77 said:
    Matt Fulcher said:
    james77 said:
    Those temps look normal to me. What concerns you anyway? Is it too hot for you? or too cold?


    I just got this a few days ago. But, it seems way to cold seeing as i only have a 92mm fan on my heat sink. Plus my old CPU (Athlon II X4 640) idled at 35-50 degrees


    You should be happy it's that cold hahaha. It will still get hotter when you start overclocking it. :)


    Okay, thanks for the reassurance.
  5. nope. those temps are probably wrong... this is what you should do, update the bios and grab core temp... see what it tells you instead. frankly, your cpu cooler isn't great so you should be seeing significantly higher temps. lets see what happens after a bios update.

    the problem is the motherboard is reporting ambient case temps in the high 30's low 40s... which means your case is very hot... likely from poor airflow and a hot cpu. which means your cpu is likely much hotter then this.
  6. I went into the bios, it said around 37 degrees. I'm not sure why the temperatures are so different.
  7. idk but that color scheme is terrible lol
  8. Matt Fulcher said:
    I went into the bios, it said around 37 degrees. I'm not sure why the temperatures are so different.


    because hwmonitor doesn't always report temps right. try to update the bios of your motherboard and get coretemp.
  9. Dante2013 said:
    idk but that color scheme is terrible lol


    I'm living life on the edge.
  10. ingtar33 said:
    Matt Fulcher said:
    I went into the bios, it said around 37 degrees. I'm not sure why the temperatures are so different.


    because hwmonitor doesn't always report temps right. try to update the bios of your motherboard and get coretemp.


    The bios is the latest version.
  11. AMD CPUs can run at almost absolute zero. The colder, the better. You're more than fine with those numbers. LOL
  12. Okay right so these are temps under full load. But, why are some different?

    http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2078/ojtm.jpg

    Here are the idle temps.

  13. Best answer
    because amd cpus don't really give you an accurate temp reading. They don't even have a thermometer on the chip. the temp is the result of some mathematical algorithm or something... i don't understand the science... i just know it can be off by as much as 20C.

    the good news is it's usually off by a consistent amount. from the numbers you're posting i'd guess your cpu is probably by around +15C hotter then the temps it's reporting. I'm basing this on both the max and min temps... +15C seems to match up pretty close to what i'd expect; especially with that underpowered cpu cooler.

    so that 46C is really 61C... that would match the rest of the board temps that are being reported.
Ask a new question

Read More

Temperature CPUs AMD Thermaltake Cooling FX-8350