FX-6300 Overclocking Help

Whovian98

Honorable
May 6, 2013
Hello all! I am currently trying to overclock my AMD FX-6300 CPU, and this is my first time overclocking... I am running a Hyper 212 EVO to cool it, and an ASRock Extreme3 990fx motherboard. Now, to overclock, I am using AM OverDrive, and I've come across a weird phenomenon... Weird for me anyway. I will have the multiplier set at 22 x (4.4 ghz) and will up the voltage to about 1.3625, and all the cores will run at their according speed when not under stress. I then start to run a stability test, and it quickly fails like I would expect. But the cores maintain their respective 4.4 ghz speed. Now, when I up the voltage passed about 1.375, the cores run at their target speed while not under stress... But then I start the stability test, and it changes the speed. It'll put a full 100% load on each of the cores, but some of the cores speeds will lower to about 1.3 ghz. Even if I go back and lower the multiplier, some of the cores still behave as such as soon as they get passed about the 1.37 v mark. Now I was wondering if anyone had some thoughts as to why this is occurring? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Whovian98

Honorable
May 6, 2013
Another note: I just messed with it a bit more, and if I push the multiplier up farther at the 1.375 volt mark, more of the cores run at their correct speeds during the stability test...