gta 5 work on r7 260x in high settings

CAN gta 5 work on RADEON r7 260x in high settings...................1920x1080p
21 answers Last reply
More about gta work 260x high settings
  1. If a console can run it; and the GPU's in next-gen arena are similar, i'm sure it might make high.
  2. Yes, you will be able to run it on high settings.
    Which doesn't mean it won't look like a slideshow.
  3. I think that it can do it on high at 1080p. The minimum is AMD 7750 1GB and the 260x is about 44% faster overall. Is their ultra high in GTA V because i have never played it before.
  4. iMacJaz said:
    If a console can run it; and the GPU's in next-gen arena are similar, i'm sure it might make high.


    By the way consoles are using CPU and GPU's but they don't have to power a monitor. They are using mainly TV's which have their own in-build graphics cards.
  5. ^wut
  6. rolandzhang3 said:
    ^wut


    T.V's have their own build in graphics card to power their screens. A monitor doesn't and that is why they are used on PC's. Lets me say this - I am using a Macbook Pro right now on a Samsung 27" Monitor, It lags so much on games and takes so long to boot up, When i plug in my 42" T.V. as my display it runs much faster and boots up way quicker. The Integrated graphics on my MBP can't power the monitor for gaming as it is really only intended to power it's own display. You can plug in 3 T.V's to you laptop and it will still run faster than connecting up one monitor. With a console, most people use it with their T.V and usually never with a monitor.
  7. My monitor supports HDMI and works perfectly with a console and laptop. When you plug in a pc or another machine to a TV, your graphics card (in the pc/console) is still the thing doing the rendering and outputting the image onto the TV. At the same time gaming on a mac wouldn't be recommended (sleek design leads to heat). That's why I have no idea what you were talking about lol. Either way, we're going off topic now :S
  8. rolandzhang3 said:
    My monitor supports HDMI and works perfectly with a console and laptop.


    I aren't saying that it doesn't work well on console, A console has a build in graphics card for just sending the T.V. what goes on the display and/or used to actually power a monitor. A console can power a monitor pretty well, But if you were to play really graphic intense games on it it would lag a lot, if you had a T.V connected it wouldn't be so bad. What graphics card is in your laptop? my MBP has integrated graphics and i tell you it is terrible playing games at 1080p on my monitor. I played crysis 2 on low and it still lagged, High- like 2 fps and below.
  9. Last answer before a mod kicks me for going off topic:

    That would also depend on the refresh rate of the monitor if things look choppy. Games run terrible on integrated graphics anyway lol, let alone playing crysis 2 at 1080p. My laptop uses a GT 635m for intensive applications and the HD 4000 for web browsing etc. Lag comes from the hardware running it being insufficient, unless the screen displaying it has a crappy refresh rate or response time.
  10. So I wonder if the original poster will return here and say if the R7 260x worked on high on GTA 5?
  11. GTA 5 isnt out on the PC yet lol. Technically it should run smoothly at medium high settings, depends on how Rockstar optimizes the PC port.
  12. rolandzhang3 said:
    GTA 5 isnt out on the PC yet lol. Technically it should run smoothly at medium high settings, depends on how Rockstar optimizes the PC port.


    I know that. I am waiting For it to come out though. You know I just hope one day People on a PC can play people on xbox and Play Station. All my Friends use Consoles and Not PC, i just want to play them but I can't. I don't have a console either.
  13. unknownofprob said:
    rolandzhang3 said:
    GTA 5 isnt out on the PC yet lol. Technically it should run smoothly at medium high settings, depends on how Rockstar optimizes the PC port.


    I know that. I am waiting For it to come out though. You know I just hope one day People on a PC can play people on xbox and Play Station. All my Friends use Consoles and Not PC, i just want to play them but I can't. I don't have a console either.


    It's coming out on January 25th, 2015
  14. mamamia13 said:
    unknownofprob said:
    rolandzhang3 said:
    GTA 5 isnt out on the PC yet lol. Technically it should run smoothly at medium high settings, depends on how Rockstar optimizes the PC port.


    I know that. I am waiting For it to come out though. You know I just hope one day People on a PC can play people on xbox and Play Station. All my Friends use Consoles and Not PC, i just want to play them but I can't. I don't have a console either.


    It's coming out on January 25th, 2015


    I wish right XD, looks like rockstar felt like pushing another four months more because March 24th was too early for April 14th <--(The new release date.... as of now)
  15. CumbersomeQ said:
    mamamia13 said:
    unknownofprob said:
    rolandzhang3 said:
    GTA 5 isnt out on the PC yet lol. Technically it should run smoothly at medium high settings, depends on how Rockstar optimizes the PC port.


    I know that. I am waiting For it to come out though. You know I just hope one day People on a PC can play people on xbox and Play Station. All my Friends use Consoles and Not PC, i just want to play them but I can't. I don't have a console either.


    It's coming out on January 25th, 2015


    I wish right XD, looks like rockstar felt like pushing another four months more because March 24th was too early for April 14th <--(The new release date.... as of now)


    well, at least heists FINALLY came out
  16. Kamen_BG said:
    Yes, you will be able to run it on high settings.
    Which doesn't mean it won't look like a slideshow.


    I have the same card, will it run well on medium- low?
  17. NiklasFurustig said:
    Kamen_BG said:
    Yes, you will be able to run it on high settings.
    Which doesn't mean it won't look like a slideshow.


    I have the same card, will it run well on medium- low?




    1080p medium a 260x should get about ~45fps
  18. unknownofprob said:
    rolandzhang3 said:
    ^wut


    T.V's have their own build in graphics card to power their screens. A monitor doesn't and that is why they are used on PC's. Lets me say this - I am using a Macbook Pro right now on a Samsung 27" Monitor, It lags so much on games and takes so long to boot up, When i plug in my 42" T.V. as my display it runs much faster and boots up way quicker. The Integrated graphics on my MBP can't power the monitor for gaming as it is really only intended to power it's own display. You can plug in 3 T.V's to you laptop and it will still run faster than connecting up one monitor. With a console, most people use it with their T.V and usually never with a monitor.

    unknownofprob said:
    rolandzhang3 said:
    My monitor supports HDMI and works perfectly with a console and laptop.


    I aren't saying that it doesn't work well on console, A console has a build in graphics card for just sending the T.V. what goes on the display and/or used to actually power a monitor. A console can power a monitor pretty well, But if you were to play really graphic intense games on it it would lag a lot, if you had a T.V connected it wouldn't be so bad. What graphics card is in your laptop? my MBP has integrated graphics and i tell you it is terrible playing games at 1080p on my monitor. I played crysis 2 on low and it still lagged, High- like 2 fps and below.



    This is possibly the most stupid thing I've ever read, congratulations.
    That is not how any of this works, I seriously hope you are trolling.
    Oh, and you are front page on PC Master Race now, they are all collectively laughing at you.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/32pl53/til_consoles_use_a_monitors_builtin_graphics_card/


    If you truly believe what you are saying, I don't even know where to begin with you. I mean, your Samsung 27 inch monitor? Since it's 27 inches, it's probably 2560x1440 or 4k, right? Of course it "lags" more, your TV is likely 1920x1080 like most are.
    Computers don't "power" monitors, and TVs don't render anything. I promise you, that's not how that works.
    But I seriously hope you are joking. You are a veteran member of TH, and you should know better, in fact, I'm nearly 100% certain you do.
  19. I have this card and it doesn't run smoothly on lowest settings unfortunately.
  20. Shadyzm said:
    I have this card and it doesn't run smoothly on lowest settings unfortunately.


    I don't know what is wrong with ur system but I have a 260x at factory clocks that runs everything at very high other than textures at high (fxaa, no AA, 1080p) and the performance I am currently getting is blowing my mind. I never thought it would perform so well but I guess its easy to forget this card has more raw power in terms of flops than the ps4 gpu even if it lacks in other areas. Furthermore I am using a phenom ii 840 at its base clock of 3.2ghz. This is a very old quad core that is really just an athlon chip with phenom branding and it is far far behind current cpu's of the day. Good Job Rockstar to optimize properly this time around because I feel like GTA IV brings my cpu to its knees but not the case for GTA V. This video also confirms how well the 260x runs the game.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB1kRHFYpDM
  21. mkristian said:
    Shadyzm said:
    I have this card and it doesn't run smoothly on lowest settings unfortunately.


    I don't know what is wrong with ur system but I have a 260x at factory clocks that runs everything at very high other than textures at high (fxaa, no AA, 1080p) and the performance I am currently getting is blowing my mind. I never thought it would perform so well but I guess its easy to forget this card has more raw power in terms of flops than the ps4 gpu even if it lacks in other areas. Furthermore I am using a phenom ii 840 at its base clock of 3.2ghz. This is a very old quad core that is really just an athlon chip with phenom branding and it is far far behind current cpu's of the day. Good Job Rockstar to optimize properly this time around because I feel like GTA IV brings my cpu to its knees but not the case for GTA V. This video also confirms how well the 260x runs the game.




    That's very weird, I'm using a FX-6300 and it was struggling to run at normal settings. I've got a GTX 970 at the moment, however that doesn't seem to be able to run at max settings. I am using a cheapo motherboard, that may be the issue. Also a cheapo HDD.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB1kRHFYpDM
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Graphics