Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

7970(Cooler-X GHz Edition) Help?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
October 14, 2013 11:02:44 AM

will the 7970 fit in my Cooler Master Enforcer Mid Tower Cabinet?

Best solution

October 14, 2013 11:12:26 AM

If its the CM Storm: http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/product.php?product_id=...

It says:
" The new chassis contains a wealth of features coveted by most gaming enthusiasts, including USB 3.0, SSD drive support and a removable/rotatable HDD cage to support easy installation of the highest end video cards. "

As it can be seen from the 5th Pic.


Enjoy !
Share
October 14, 2013 11:18:08 AM

charmer said:
If its the CM Storm: http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/product.php?product_id=...

It says:
" The new chassis contains a wealth of features coveted by most gaming enthusiasts, including USB 3.0, SSD drive support and a removable/rotatable HDD cage to support easy installation of the highest end video cards. "

As it can be seen from the 5th Pic.


Enjoy !


Thanks! Crysis 3, here I come!

m
0
l
Related resources
October 14, 2013 11:28:30 AM

From the Cooler master website. "VGA card length: 270mm (with HDD cage); 390mm (without HDD cage)"

Looking at the 7970 Ghz, I assume you have a custom cooler(Gigabyte, Sapphire, XFX...etc) Check the measurements of the card on the website. You should worry about how long it is only.
I searched for the Sapphire 7970 Ghz Vapor X and this is what I found "285(L)x135(W)x45(H) mm Size." >>285mm (L) <<
Also I checked XFX and Gigabyte and both are longer than 270 mm.
It won't fit with the HDD cage.
m
0
l
October 14, 2013 6:39:02 PM

zahimrad said:
From the Cooler master website. "VGA card length: 270mm (with HDD cage); 390mm (without HDD cage)"

Looking at the 7970 Ghz, I assume you have a custom cooler(Gigabyte, Sapphire, XFX...etc) Check the measurements of the card on the website. You should worry about how long it is only.
I searched for the Sapphire 7970 Ghz Vapor X and this is what I found "285(L)x135(W)x45(H) mm Size." >>285mm (L) <<
Also I checked XFX and Gigabyte and both are longer than 270 mm.
It won't fit with the HDD cage.


So would I have to sacrifice my HDD? Means no HDD for me? That doesn't make sense.
m
0
l
October 14, 2013 10:12:00 PM

Jacob as I sed before, they say at cooler master site that the HDD "cage" is rotatable. So go to your case and 1- try rotating it. 2 - see if your HDD fits in the slots underneath it.

Pls tell us if it worked
m
0
l
October 15, 2013 2:35:02 AM

charmer said:
Jacob as I sed before, they say at cooler master site that the HDD "cage" is rotatable. So go to your case and 1- try rotating it. 2 - see if your HDD fits in the slots underneath it.

Pls tell us if it worked


Ok i'll try it!
m
0
l
!