Best 200-270$ processor for gaming (stock speed and overclocked)

viksenpai

Honorable
Oct 11, 2013
I have 200-270$ for a processor. So, I'm wondering, what should I get...

There are two parts of the question:
1. What is the best processor in that price range if I use it at stock speed?
2. What is the best processor in that price range if I overclock (moderately, nothing that would require water cooling)?

Of course, I'm talking about bang-for-buck, obviously the most expensive one would probably be the best one, but I'm not willing to pay 30$ more for, say, 3% increase in gaming performance. The CPU's that I'm looking at currently are i5 3570K (it seems that the general consensus on the forums seems to be that this one is the best for OC'ing), 4670K and Xeon processors. Of course, I'll take any suggestion if it's backed up by an argument or two. :)

I don't agree with the FX-9370 because it has a TDP of 220W while the FX-8350 has a TDP of 125W. I think that the best bang for the buck in that price range is the AMD FX-8350. It's a $200 CPU and here's a chart showing how well it runs Battlefield 4:
http--www.gamegpu.ru-images-stories-Test_GPU-Action-Battlefield_4_Beta-test-bf_4_proz.jpg

As you can see, it runs an average of 60fps. That is considered perfect on over 90% of monitors. For productivity, it has some great features:
abbyy-finereader.png

acrobat-x.png

visual-studio.png

fritz.png

winzip.png

winrar.png

7zip.png

This CPU hangs with Intel CPUs that cost up to 60% more.