Solved

VGA CARDS For Cooler Master 550W

Hi.
I have cooler master RS-550-PCAR-E3 power supply.
And i want to buy a VGA card, but i'm afraid this power supply can't provide enough power for the VGA, because someone told me something about the vga and psu issue.
The output of the PSU are:
+3.3V@25A, +5V@25A, +12V1@16A, +12V2@16A, -5V@0.8A, -12V@0.8A, +5VSB@2.5A

I can't decide which VGA card should i buy, since i don't know anything about the VGA cards, i don't even have one, my vga is onboard.
I don't really need a very good VGA cards, i don't play games, i just need a suggestion of popular VGA cards for around $100, that is compatible with my power supply.
Thanks, sorry for my english.
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about vga cards cooler master 550w
  1. Could'nt find a better card than, MSI R7770-PMD1GD5 Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card
  2. Best answer
    Gotta to love that Crappymaster PSU...
    Delivers LESS than 384W of usable wattage.

    Some sound advise, swap that power supply at as soon as you can.
  3. try nvidia gpu . They require less.
  4. Divyanshu Sah said:
    try nvidia gpu . They require less.


    Riiiight, you know that is absolute BS right?

    The HD7750 for example is the most powerful GPU that does not even require any PCI-e external plug to run.

    So please bare in mind what you say.
  5. Novuake said:
    Divyanshu Sah said:
    try nvidia gpu . They require less.


    Riiiight, you know that is absolute BS right?

    The HD7750 for example is the most powerful GPU that does not even require any PCI-e external plug to run.

    So please bare in mind what you say.


    This gtx 650 does not require external power and is faster than hd 7750 in many games

    http://us.hardware.info/reviews/4262/asus-gtx650-e-2gd5-review-geforce-gtx-650-ti-without-peg-connector

    Don't forget to see the benchmark at bottom of the post.
  6. That is a SPECIAL edition card that does not conform to the Nvidia spec. The normal GTX650 does require a PCI-e connector.

    http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-650/specifications
  7. Novuake said:
    That is a SPECIAL edition card that does not conform to the Nvidia spec. The normal GTX650 does require a PCI-e connector.

    http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-650/specifications


    I also know that it is special edition card and does not conform to nvidia specs.
  8. Hd 6570 will be best for you since you dont require it to play games and hd 6570 does not require much power ( it require only 300 w ) . It is available at 50 $
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-2.html
  9. Divyanshu Sah said:
    Novuake said:
    That is a SPECIAL edition card that does not conform to the Nvidia spec. The normal GTX650 does require a PCI-e connector.

    http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-650/specifications


    I also know that it is special edition card and does not conform to nvidia specs.


    Precisely, try finding it at a retailer? If you want to compare NON-standard card then you need to do it both sides of the fence. An HD7750 can be overclocked a lot on that same power source, the GTX650 can not.

    My point was that Nvidia does not INHERENTLY consume less power. In most segments the power to performance ratio is VERY close.

    Dont believe me? Check the average on performance per watt on techpowerups latest review.

Ask a new question

Read More

Cooler Master Power Supplies VGA Graphics