Solved

Looking for a good 120Hz IPS Panel Monitor?

Hi all,

After doing some research on monitors, I found that 120Hz Monitors are best for gaming if your GPU can keep up.. which mine can (see my specs in signature)

I haven't seen any 120Hz IPS monitors.... does anyone know where I have get one?

Also, what is the problem with 120Hz TN Panel monitors (considering their response time is 2ms)

Kindest Regards.
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about good 120hz ips panel monitor
  1. IPS @ 120Hz does not exist unfortunately. I think the highest is like 70Hz with some monitors that are technically "overclocked" out of the factory.
  2. Novuake said:
    IPS @ 120Hz does not exist unfortunately. I think the highest is like 70Hz with some monitors that are technically "overclocked" out of the factory.


    Oh :/

    What do you think to this monitor for gaming?
    http://www.aoc-europe.com/no_cache/en/monitors.html?useCacheHash=1&showUid=208
  3. Seems decent, nothing special about it, but will serve if you prefer quality of image instead of lightning fast response time.
  4. Novuake said:
    Seems decent, nothing special about it, but will serve if you prefer quality of image instead of lightning fast response time.



    The quickest response time i've seen is 2ms... this one is 5ms...
    Would I notice any difference if I got a 2ms monitor instead of the one above?
  5. Best answer
    Dayle McNeela said:
    Novuake said:
    Seems decent, nothing special about it, but will serve if you prefer quality of image instead of lightning fast response time.



    The quickest response time i've seen is 2ms... this one is 5ms...
    Would I notice any difference if I got a 2ms monitor instead of the one above?


    If you have never had a 2ms monitor, then you will not know the difference. I have never found the added cost of a 2ms monitor worth it. :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming GPUs Monitors Graphics