Solved

Would this be a good 1000$ gaming build?

Simply wondering if these will synchronize well enough or if I should switch any parts for something else. Feel free to suggest changes.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4430 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($184.94 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: ASRock H87 Pro4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($90.55 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($72.24 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($99.79 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.96 @ Outlet PC)
Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 7970 3GB Video Card ($249.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Antec Three Hundred Two ATX Mid Tower Case ($44.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($49.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($88.98 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $958.42
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-10-16 15:13 EDT-0400)
14 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about good 1000 gaming build
  1. Yes, it will be great. I would definitely get win8 though.
  2. The only adjustments I can recommend are going with the 4670k + z87-G45 from MSI from Microcenter. It will cost you about $25 more, but it is worth it in my opinion (Microcenter gives you $50 off when you buy a CPU and MOBO together). For $60 you can get your 1TB HD, but if you catch a good deal you can get a 120gb SSD for around $70-$80. I didn't think it would be worth it, for the small storage size, but I have found that with the loading speeds I am experiencing, the sacrifice is well worth it.

    With a video card like that, you may want to get more juice in the PSU than 550W. Not necessary but a personal preference.

    Your build looks solid though, but my few suggestions will give you a lot of improvement for not a lot of $$$
  3. I'm just worried the motherboard won't be good enough, i'm not familiar with ASRock and I don't know much about their motherboards. Can someone please confirm the quality of this motherboard and if the quality is worth the money.
  4. Olivier Giroux said:


    Woaaaah! Chill out man! Don't start breaking the rules out of nowhere.
  5. Don't quote the rule breaking post folks.
  6. Thanks Mods!

    Your build will be VERY good. Nothing needs changing at all.
  7. Might I also highly recommend the Asus 24" monitor : http://www.amazon.com/Asus-VS247H-P-23-6-Inch-Full-HD-LED-Lit/dp/B005BZNDS0

    I got mine for $120 after rebates, this monitor is EXCELLENT.
  8. kharper6 said:
    The only adjustments I can recommend are going with the 4670k + z87-G45 from MSI from Microcenter. It will cost you about $25 more, but it is worth it in my opinion (Microcenter gives you $50 off when you buy a CPU and MOBO together). For $60 you can get your 1TB HD, but if you catch a good deal you can get a 120gb SSD for around $70-$80. I didn't think it would be worth it, for the small storage size, but I have found that with the loading speeds I am experiencing, the sacrifice is well worth it.

    With a video card like that, you may want to get more juice in the PSU than 550W. Not necessary but a personal preference.

    Your build looks solid though, but my few suggestions will give you a lot of improvement for not a lot of $$$


    50% off? Really, is this true? And is that with any mobo and CPU combination?
  9. Only if you buy it in-store. and no, it has to be one of their per-determined combinations.

    http://www.microcenter.com/site/brands/intel-processor-bundles.aspx
  10. Digestive97 said:
    kharper6 said:
    The only adjustments I can recommend are going with the 4670k + z87-G45 from MSI from Microcenter. It will cost you about $25 more, but it is worth it in my opinion (Microcenter gives you $50 off when you buy a CPU and MOBO together). For $60 you can get your 1TB HD, but if you catch a good deal you can get a 120gb SSD for around $70-$80. I didn't think it would be worth it, for the small storage size, but I have found that with the loading speeds I am experiencing, the sacrifice is well worth it.

    With a video card like that, you may want to get more juice in the PSU than 550W. Not necessary but a personal preference.

    Your build looks solid though, but my few suggestions will give you a lot of improvement for not a lot of $$$


    50% off? Really, is this true? And is that with any mobo and CPU combination?



    Read a bit harder bud, $50 off.

    I do not know if it is with ANY combo, I just know that it takes $50 off my total with an I5 4670k ($199) and my Z87-G45 ($105 and some change IIRC).

    Microcenter will pricematch any competitor as well. I literally took a stack of printed shopping carts of deals I found on Slickdeals into the store and saved about $300 on my total.
  11. tiny voices said:
    Thanks Mods!

    Your build will be VERY good. Nothing needs changing at all.


    I love it when forum disruptors get vanquished. Back to posting! :lol:
  12. g-unit1111 said:
    tiny voices said:
    Thanks Mods!

    Your build will be VERY good. Nothing needs changing at all.


    I love it when forum disruptors get vanquished. Back to posting! :lol:


    I twitched! :lol:
  13. Oh, come on! I seriously thought 50% off but it turned out that i misread that. But I guess i'll stick to the i5-4430 since I won't be doing any OCing.
  14. Best answer
    Digestive97 said:
    Oh, come on! I seriously thought 50% off but it turned out that i misread that. But I guess i'll stick to the i5-4430 since I won't be doing any OCing.


    The 4430 is a great choice and will have no trouble with any games for a long time.
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Quad Core Intel i5 Build Radeon Systems