Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Legal Win 7 Pro 32-bit activation key

Last response: in Windows 7
Share
October 16, 2013 9:20:19 PM

I need to find the least expensive way to legally acquire an activation key for Windows 7 Professional 32-bit--I already have the media. I just need to be legal until I rebuild my desktop into an AMD APU system.
My 64-bit laptop is busy giving me an aneurism right now (another thread). And, I actually like Win 7 Pro.
a c 389 $ Windows 7
October 16, 2013 9:27:34 PM

List where have you looked, and we can probably tell if that is cheap and legal.

(If it is too cheap, it probably isn't legal)
a b $ Windows 7
October 16, 2013 9:29:25 PM

There are some cheap ones on eBay, but I wouldn't trust that. The cheapest is about 90 dollars for a legal Windows 7 home license or a 140 for a Windows Pro license.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($87.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $87.99
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-10-17 00:25 EDT-0400)



PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($134.98 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $134.98
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-10-17 00:32 EDT-0400)
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
October 17, 2013 2:22:06 AM

erandalln2 said:
http://www.sofway.com/products/windows-7-pro-product-ke... $65 no media, key emailed. They're not open until tomorrow morning EDT (florida). [I was going to go with Linux until my laptop "weirded out" on me.]


Looks to good to be true, does not sound legit to me.
October 17, 2013 5:17:12 AM

Personally, I'd only buy a sealed DVD from a legit vendor. My OEM Windows 7 Home Premium copy came in a white sealed sleeve, so I know that the activation key was never used. You take a huge risk using a visible key that someone could have jotted down and sold on the black market for pennies on the dollar.
October 17, 2013 8:59:12 AM

Any way to get it from Microsoft? I keep getting sent to the Windows 8 "shop."
October 18, 2013 9:20:42 PM

My legal key I WAS using on my laptop worked (the key came from M$ with both the 64-bit and 32-bit install disks). Since I am going to reincarnate my laptop after I get my data off of it, I won't be using the same key for 2 systems. The laptop will be running a version of Home Premium from ASUS or, possibly, Linux.

Sorry if anyone comes on this thread hoping for free or cheap keys (legal ones, of course).
a b $ Windows 7
October 18, 2013 9:31:45 PM

erandalln2 said:
I need to find the least expensive way to legally acquire an activation key for Windows 7 Professional 32-bit--I already have the media. I just need to be legal until I rebuild my desktop into an AMD APU system.
My 64-bit laptop is busy giving me an aneurism right now (another thread). And, I actually like Win 7 Pro.



If you need it, buy/purchase from Microsoft site or from your local vendor who can provide you genuinely packed copy of the DVD.

It can't be cheap in real, because the price is fixed by Microsoft.

One who will provide you for cheap, if you take, you might encounter with same issue. Here in this forum, lots of users purchased cheap from some bullish sites and got the key on email, then found that he/she got sucked/scammed by the vendor/site.

Purchase the packed copy of Windows i.e. genuine one. Don't go for third party sites looking for cheap.




edogawa said:
There are some cheap ones on eBay, but I wouldn't trust that. The cheapest is about 90 dollars for a legal Windows 7 home license or a 140 for a Windows Pro license.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($87.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $87.99
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-10-17 00:25 EDT-0400)



PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($134.98 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $134.98
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-10-17 00:32 EDT-0400)


So you advertise pcpartpicker in your every post? :D 
a c 389 $ Windows 7
October 19, 2013 3:59:43 AM

erandalln2 said:
Any way to get it from Microsoft? I keep getting sent to the Windows 8 "shop."


I tried and got the same thing. I suggest Amazon, Newegg, TigerDirect or similar.
!