Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Would my custom pc parts be compatible with each other?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
October 16, 2013 10:55:19 PM

I am going to be building a PC. However I am not sure if my parts are compatible with each other. Could someone kindly tell me if the following parts would work together. Thankyou.

Intel i5 4670 core processor
Asus H87 - PRO Motherboard
Kingston 1600 8gb Ram Single Stick
Gigabyte GTX - 660 OC 2gb graphics card
Cooler Master Universal Hyper 212 Evo (CPU Cooler)
MSi dvd drive
TPLink WN822 Network Adapter 300 MB/s
Thermaltake lite power 600W power supply
Aerocool Strike X Advance Black Case
Seagate 1 TB HDD
Sandisk 128GB SSD


If something doesnt work, what component could I swap?
October 16, 2013 11:04:16 PM

That power supply is junk, its not fully compatible with your Haswell CPU. Get a more reliable unit.

If you provide your budget and where you plan on buying we can help you a lot easier.
m
0
l
October 16, 2013 11:10:18 PM

Novuake said:
That power supply is junk, its not fully compatible with your Haswell CPU. Get a more reliable unit.

If you provide your budget and where you plan on buying we can help you a lot easier.



My budget is around $1000 - $1200
I want the cheapest price possible. So I dont mind if I have to swap any other components out.

Thankyou.
m
0
l
Related resources
October 16, 2013 11:13:16 PM

Roshan0609 said:
Novuake said:
That power supply is junk, its not fully compatible with your Haswell CPU. Get a more reliable unit.

If you provide your budget and where you plan on buying we can help you a lot easier.



My budget is around $1000 - $1200
I want the cheapest price possible. So I dont mind if I have to swap any other components out.

Thankyou.


Where are you purchasing from?
At 1000$ you should be able to get a MUCH more powerful GPU.

m
0
l
October 16, 2013 11:22:27 PM

Novuake said:
Roshan0609 said:
Novuake said:
That power supply is junk, its not fully compatible with your Haswell CPU. Get a more reliable unit.

If you provide your budget and where you plan on buying we can help you a lot easier.



My budget is around $1000 - $1200
I want the cheapest price possible. So I dont mind if I have to swap any other components out.

Thankyou.


Where are you purchasing from?
At 1000$ you should be able to get a MUCH more powerful GPU.



I am from Australia and I am buying From a company called msy
m
0
l

Best solution

October 16, 2013 11:25:45 PM

Here :

Much more balance build that is way under budget. Now if you want to spend more, then get a better graphics card FIRST, then move from there.


PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1PMMw
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1PMMw/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1PMMw/benchmarks/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4570 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($194.94 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ Outlet PC)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($79.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: OCZ Vertex 450 Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($79.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.98 @ Outlet PC)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($255.66 @ Newegg)
Wireless Network Adapter: Rosewill RNX-N150PCx 802.11b/g/n PCI Wi-Fi Adapter ($11.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Aerocool StrikeX-Advance ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($49.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer ($15.00 @ Newegg)
Total: $885.50
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-10-17 02:24 EDT-0400)
Share
October 16, 2013 11:27:10 PM

Roshan0609 said:

I am from Australia and I am buying From a company called msy


Right so your prices will be a little higher than in the US. So that build I provided should fall within your budget at MSY hopefully.
m
0
l
October 16, 2013 11:43:31 PM

Novuake said:
Here :

Much more balance build that is way under budget. Now if you want to spend more, then get a better graphics card FIRST, then move from there.


PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1PMMw
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1PMMw/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1PMMw/benchmarks/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4570 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($194.94 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ Outlet PC)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($79.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: OCZ Vertex 450 Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($79.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.98 @ Outlet PC)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($255.66 @ Newegg)
Wireless Network Adapter: Rosewill RNX-N150PCx 802.11b/g/n PCI Wi-Fi Adapter ($11.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Aerocool StrikeX-Advance ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($49.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer ($15.00 @ Newegg)
Total: $885.50
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-10-17 02:24 EDT-0400)


Novuake said:
Roshan0609 said:

I am from Australia and I am buying From a company called msy


Right so your prices will be a little higher than in the US. So that build I provided should fall within your budget at MSY hopefully.



Thankyou for your help. Just two more questions.
What is the difference between intel 4670 and 4570?
And
Would you be able to tell me a good powersupply from the following companies, as XFX is not available my country.
The companies i can pick from are shaw, aerocool, antec, coolermaster, cosair and thermatake. And tell me howmany the watts i should get

Thankyou.

m
0
l
October 17, 2013 12:00:39 AM

You can not go wrong with an Antec or Corsair.

I would suggest you get at least a 550W from one of those 2.

The difference is 200MHz betweent he 4570 and 4670, so if the cost difference is larger than a few dollars, then the 4570 is a better option since you can use that money elsewhere.
m
0
l
!