Solved

will my cpu bottleneck my gpu?

hello guys, im buying a MSI R7850-2GD5OC 2GB DDR5 7850 and i was wondering if my cpu would bottleneck my graphic card. here are my specs;

cpu; Intel Pentium BX80637G2030 G2030 2.9Ghz 3MB cache
mobo; ASRock B75-PRO3-M Intel B75
ram; 4gb ddr3 1333mhz
psu; 600w
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about cpu bottleneck gpu
  1. yes it will.
  2. It will bottleneck especially in CPU intensive games, in GPU intensive games it would be more minor
    You could think about upgrading the CPU to an i5 ivy bridge in the next few months, like the i5 3350P in this post
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-cpu-review-overclock,3106-3.html
  3. rolandzhang3 said:
    It will bottleneck especially in CPU intensive games, in GPU intensive games it would be more minor
    You could think about upgrading the CPU to an i5 ivy bridge in the next few months, like the i5 3350P in this post
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-cpu-review-overclock,3106-3.html


    if i were to play a cpu intensive game, how much of the performance would i loose?
  4. That's hard to accurately say, though in a game like Crysis 3, you can see in these benchmarks
    http://cdn.overclock.net/a/a3/a3006fcb_Crysis-3-Test-CPUs-VH-720p.png
    http://cdn.overclock.net/7/7d/7d31c35c_proz.jpeg
    Your CPU should be close to the i3 2100 in performance
  5. rolandzhang3 said:
    That's hard to accurately say, though in a game like Crysis 3, you can see in these benchmarks
    http://cdn.overclock.net/a/a3/a3006fcb_Crysis-3-Test-CPUs-VH-720p.png
    http://cdn.overclock.net/7/7d/7d31c35c_proz.jpeg
    Your CPU should be close to the i3 2100 in performance


    ahh shit, you reckon i could play games such as planetside 2 or bf4 on high possibly? i can play medium settings around 23 fps avg on planetside 2 with my gtx 630.
  6. That's hard to say, BF4 isn't out yet so I don't know about the full game performance (AMD's Mantle should also be with the game) so you should be able to play it comfortablly at high (no guarantees though)

    Planetside 2 is extremely CPU intensive, I don't really know how well it would run for you.

    Either way bottleneck or not, any decent card would smoke the gt 630 in performance many times over.
  7. Best answer
    It will depend on the game that you will be playing. You might want to refer to this. It has an almost similar scenario:

    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/budget-gaming-do-it-yourself-computer,3364.html

    On games like Battlefield 3 singleplayer and skyrim, it doesn't bottleneck. But on F1 2012, it does bottleneck.
  8. james77 said:
    It will depend on the game that you will be playing. You might want to refer to this. It has an almost similar scenario:

    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/budget-gaming-do-it-yourself-computer,3364.html

    On games like Battlefield 3 singleplayer and skyrim, it doesn't bottleneck. But on F1 2012, it does bottleneck.


    +1 shit man, this is almost the exactly the same pc build as i have and it shows that ill get solid 80 fps on medium with bf3 and solid 70 fps on high with skyrim. cheers man
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Power Supplies Intel RAM CPUs AMD Graphics Motherboards Memory GPUs Bottleneck Graphics Cards