What should i choose ?

i5 4670k or fx 8320 for multi tasking and gaming ? :D
18 answers Last reply
More about choose
  1. 4670k for gaming. what multitasking will you be doing?
  2. i5-4670k will be the better option for most games. fx-8320 might be better for extreme multitasking.

    Personally I would go with the 4670k.
  3. aznricepuff said:
    i5-4670k will be the better option for most games. fx-8320 might be better for extreme multitasking.

    Personally I would go with the 4670k.


    +1
  4. calumconroy said:
    aznricepuff said:
    i5-4670k will be the better option for most games. fx-8320 might be better for extreme multitasking.

    Personally I would go with the 4670k.


    +1


    yea but if i get an i5 i will have to buy an shitty gpu i have like $400 for cpu,mobo,gpu :D
  5. miranche1 said:
    calumconroy said:
    aznricepuff said:
    i5-4670k will be the better option for most games. fx-8320 might be better for extreme multitasking.

    Personally I would go with the 4670k.


    +1


    yea but if i get an i5 i will have to buy an shitty gpu i have like $400 for cpu,mobo,gpu :D


    In that case, get the 8320 and a decent gpu (sorry can't really recommend one as i'm from the UK and don't know the US prices).
    Or get an 8350 for slightly better performance.
  6. calumconroy said:
    miranche1 said:
    calumconroy said:
    aznricepuff said:
    i5-4670k will be the better option for most games. fx-8320 might be better for extreme multitasking.

    Personally I would go with the 4670k.


    +1


    yea but if i get an i5 i will have to buy an shitty gpu i have like $400 for cpu,mobo,gpu :D


    In that case, get the 8320 and a decent gpu (sorry can't really recommend one as i'm from the UK and don't know the US prices).
    Or get an 8350 for slightly better performance.


    most people say 8320 is the same as 8350 just that 8350 has more clock speed
  7. miranche1 said:
    calumconroy said:
    miranche1 said:
    calumconroy said:
    aznricepuff said:
    i5-4670k will be the better option for most games. fx-8320 might be better for extreme multitasking.

    Personally I would go with the 4670k.


    +1


    yea but if i get an i5 i will have to buy an shitty gpu i have like $400 for cpu,mobo,gpu :D


    In that case, get the 8320 and a decent gpu (sorry can't really recommend one as i'm from the UK and don't know the US prices).
    Or get an 8350 for slightly better performance.


    most people say 8320 is the same as 8350 just that 8350 has more clock speed


    and they would be right.
  8. You should obviously go with intel i5 4670k .In single-threaded applications, the i5-4670K CPU has 69% better performance than fx 8320, 10% faster in multi-threaded tasks and Graphics performance of the Intel i5-4670K is higher.In addition to 4 CPU cores, the processor has integrated HD 4600 GPU. This GPU replaces low-end graphics card, and thus lowers the cost of the system and Power consumption of the microprocessor is lower.
    SO,
    intel i5 4670k is far better than fx 8320
  9. harkishensingh said:
    You should obviously go with intel i5 4670k .In single-threaded applications, the i5-4670K CPU has 69% better performance than fx 8320, 10% faster in multi-threaded tasks and Graphics performance of the Intel i5-4670K is higher.In addition to 4 CPU cores, the processor has integrated HD 4600 GPU. This GPU replaces low-end graphics card, and thus lowers the cost of the system and Power consumption of the microprocessor is lower.
    SO,
    intel i5 4670k is far better than fx 8320


    This is for a gaming rig. IGP matters 0 to this equation. Given the budget, FX 8320 is a better solution allowing for a better GPU than the Intel rig would have. Not everyone can spend top dollar and get an Intel cpu with a great GPU.
  10. logainofhades said:
    harkishensingh said:
    You should obviously go with intel i5 4670k .In single-threaded applications, the i5-4670K CPU has 69% better performance than fx 8320, 10% faster in multi-threaded tasks and Graphics performance of the Intel i5-4670K is higher.In addition to 4 CPU cores, the processor has integrated HD 4600 GPU. This GPU replaces low-end graphics card, and thus lowers the cost of the system and Power consumption of the microprocessor is lower.
    SO,
    intel i5 4670k is far better than fx 8320


    This is for a gaming rig. IGP matters 0 to this equation. Given the budget, FX 8320 is a better solution allowing for a better GPU than the Intel rig would have. Not everyone can spend top dollar and get an Intel cpu with a great GPU.


    im 13 and my dad isnt the boss of BMW :p
  11. Even more reason to go with the AMD solution. :lol: I know what it is like not being able to buy top dollar stuff. Most of my systems consist of used parts or really lucky on sales/deals situation for the stuff I bought new. Microcenter FTW as well. That is the only reason I have this 3570k. At the time I bought it, I needed something fast and their motherboard/CPU combo was impossible to beat.
  12. logainofhades said:
    Even more reason to go with the AMD solution. :lol: I know what it is like not being able to buy top dollar stuff. Most of my systems consist of used parts or really lucky on sales/deals situation for the stuff I bought new. Microcenter FTW as well. That is the only reason I have this 3570k. At the time I bought it, I needed something fast and their motherboard/CPU combo was impossible to beat.


    :D
  13. PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor ($153.61 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: ASRock 970 EXTREME4 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($79.99 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 2GB Video Card ($139.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $373.59
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-10-18 12:40 EDT-0400)

    Sub-$400 CPU, Mobo, and GPU :)
  14. aznricepuff said:
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor ($153.61 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: ASRock 970 EXTREME4 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($79.99 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 2GB Video Card ($139.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $373.59
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-10-18 12:40 EDT-0400)

    Sub-$400 CPU, Mobo, and GPU :)


    yea but i cant buy online they dont deliver to macedonia :/
  15. miranche1 said:
    aznricepuff said:
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor ($153.61 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: ASRock 970 EXTREME4 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($79.99 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 2GB Video Card ($139.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $373.59
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-10-18 12:40 EDT-0400)

    Sub-$400 CPU, Mobo, and GPU :)


    yea but i cant buy online they dont deliver to macedonia :/


    If you can't buy online then you might not be able to get even an 8320 and a gpu over 650ti/7850 standard.
  16. calumconroy said:
    miranche1 said:
    aznricepuff said:
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor ($153.61 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: ASRock 970 EXTREME4 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($79.99 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 2GB Video Card ($139.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $373.59
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-10-18 12:40 EDT-0400)

    Sub-$400 CPU, Mobo, and GPU :)


    yea but i cant buy online they dont deliver to macedonia :/


    If you can't buy online then you might not be able to get even an 8320 and a gpu over 650ti/7850 standard.

    ye i cant get 8320 we have it here, we also have 7790,7850,7970 etc :D
  17. How much is the 8320 and your motherboard of choice?
  18. calumconroy said:
    How much is the 8320 and your motherboard of choice?


    im getting an 6300 and an hd 7850 i think and about the motherboard i was thinking http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M5A78L_LE/
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming CPUs Intel i5