Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Gaming Budget Computer build Desktop 2013 500

Last response: in Systems
Share
October 18, 2013 2:39:34 PM

I live in St.Joseph, MO. My budget is no more than 500 final total before rebate. I would like to be able to run games like WOW, Skyrim and LOL on highest setting without lag. I really need someone who knows what they are talking about to reply quickly. Oh and I would like multiply opinions please.
I don't need a keyboard mouse speakers or anythings like that.
I need operating system. Unless if there is a way to get it for free.
I need a GPU, CPU, PSU, MOBO, and everthing along those lines.
I already have a case and monitor that I think will work. the case already have a 650W PSU.
Case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Monitor: http://www.amazon.com/gp/cart/view.html/ref=gno_cart

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
a b ) Power supply
a b U Graphics card
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
October 18, 2013 2:56:26 PM

Here is the best I could do ($500 is a pretty low budget for a gaming build). Also, is the case included in the $500 price? if so there's no way your going to be able to get a decent gaming rig to do what you want -

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($72.91 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($73.99 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ Microcenter)
Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 7790 1GB Video Card ($129.59 @ Amazon)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($14.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($87.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $539.45
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-10-18 17:55 EDT-0400)
Share
October 18, 2013 3:04:09 PM

TBC1 said:
Here is the best I could do ($500 is a pretty low budget for a gaming build). Also, is the case included in the $500 price? if so there's no way your going to be able to get a decent gaming rig to do what you want -

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($72.91 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($73.99 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ Microcenter)
Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 7790 1GB Video Card ($129.59 @ Amazon)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($14.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($87.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $539.45
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-10-18 17:55 EDT-0400)


You could get cheaper motherboard and Ram that would suite your needs just fine. Also the 7770 would be cheaper and do all the things you need.

Edit: you are probably right, the 7790 is a safer bet.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
a b ) Power supply
a b U Graphics card
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
October 18, 2013 3:09:51 PM

pyromanicadeluxe said:
TBC1 said:
Here is the best I could do ($500 is a pretty low budget for a gaming build). Also, is the case included in the $500 price? if so there's no way your going to be able to get a decent gaming rig to do what you want -

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($72.91 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($73.99 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ Microcenter)
Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 7790 1GB Video Card ($129.59 @ Amazon)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($14.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($87.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $539.45
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-10-18 17:55 EDT-0400)


You could get cheaper motherboard and Ram that would suite your needs just fine. Also the 7770 would be cheaper and do all the things you need.

Edit: you are probably right, the 7790 is a safer bet.


The msi mobo I put in a a great cheap mobo (not going to get cheaper unless you go micro atx, or itx). Also, the ram is quality ram (any other 2x4 module of ram is going to costs around $60+).

As for the gpu the 7790 is a way better option than the 7770 (more powerful and is similar in price).

m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b U Graphics card
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
a b Ý World of Warcraft
October 18, 2013 3:16:25 PM

See how this look like to you.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1Qogm
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1Qogm/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1Qogm/benchmarks/

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock 970 PRO3 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($72.55 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($68.00 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($56.03 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB Video Card ($94.99 @ Amazon)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($14.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($87.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $504.54
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-10-18 18:15 EDT-0400)
m
0
l
October 18, 2013 3:29:35 PM

TBC1 said:
pyromanicadeluxe said:
TBC1 said:
Here is the best I could do ($500 is a pretty low budget for a gaming build). Also, is the case included in the $500 price? if so there's no way your going to be able to get a decent gaming rig to do what you want -

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($72.91 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($73.99 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ Microcenter)
Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 7790 1GB Video Card ($129.59 @ Amazon)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($14.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($87.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $539.45
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-10-18 17:55 EDT-0400)


You could get cheaper motherboard and Ram that would suite your needs just fine. Also the 7770 would be cheaper and do all the things you need.

Edit: you are probably right, the 7790 is a safer bet.


The msi mobo I put in a a great cheap mobo (not going to get cheaper unless you go micro atx, or itx). Also, the ram is quality ram (any other 2x4 module of ram is going to costs around $60+).

As for the gpu the 7790 is a way better option than the 7770 (more powerful and is similar in price).



Oh all those parts are fine, I am simply saying he could do it for his price range if he wanted. He never said he needed anything more than what micro ATX has to offer.

Motherboard: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Memory: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Sorry, not trying to antagonize; just trying to be helpful.
m
0
l
!