Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question
Solved

HD 7950 w/Boost too big for the Gigabyte UD3H Z77 Mobo?

Tags:
  • Boost
  • Gigabyte
  • Motherboards
  • Graphics
  • Graphics Cards
  • HD
Last response: in Graphics Cards
October 18, 2013 7:48:17 PM

I just received this model of the HD 7950.

To my absolute horror, it wouldn't fit into the top PCIE slot on my motherboard. Has anyone else had an issue with this card/mobo or similar experiences? I tried giving it a good push, but it still wouldn't go in, and I wanted to verify that it wasn't just me before returning the card.

More about : 7950 boost big gigabyte ud3h z77 mobo

a c 376 V Motherboard
a c 988 U Graphics card
October 18, 2013 7:50:45 PM

There should be no issue here. Are you sure it is a PCIe X16 slot?
Are you sure the clip on the back of the slot is unlocked?
Is there anything in the slot (Dust, plastic etc)
m
l
October 18, 2013 7:57:37 PM

I checked it this should defiantly work i have the 7950 vapor x which is very similar and almost the same mobo and i had no problems i would check to see if your motherboard is faulty or your putting it in the right socket.
m
l
Related resources
October 18, 2013 7:58:21 PM

Gam3r01 said:
There should be no issue here. Are you sure it is a PCIe X16 slot?
Are you sure the clip on the back of the slot is unlocked?
Is there anything in the slot (Dust, plastic etc)

I'm sure it's the X16 slot. It fit's into the second X8 slot just fine.

The only thing I can see that MIGHT be blocking it is one of the SATA ports on the right side of the mobo. Either that or the large blue "Box"? on the board.

Only other possible thing it could be is that the metal bits of the expansion slot make physical contact with the board itself when sliding into position, but I don't think this is what's causing it.
m
l

Best solution

a c 376 V Motherboard
a c 988 U Graphics card
October 18, 2013 8:00:54 PM

It should be fitting then. It wont make contact with the PCIx1 slot or the SATA, so that should not be an issue here. If you can get pictures that may help. But it sounds end user or motherboard.