770 2GB (non ACX) vs 760 4GB ACX

Solution

Probably not. Do aesthetics really matter so much? If it does, I don't know about a "titan-esque look", but I have a GTX 770 Windforce and frankly, I think it's probably the sexiest looking of any edition of the GTX 770. Here's the 4 GB model. The difference in performance or cooling between manufacturers is rarely more than 1-2 fps and 2-3 degrees respectively, and the fps is only due to minor differences in clock speed which you can change yourself...

tim4tech

Honorable
Oct 15, 2013
Any high resolution anything is going to need more memory. Therefore I recommend getting the 760 with the 4GB of RAM. It won't be as good at gaming but it will do your 4K video editing a huge favor. Hope this helps. :)

Tim4tech

Deus Gladiorum

Distinguished

Or you could just get a 4 GB GTX 770?
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E5AEIKE/?tag=pcpapi-20

UPDATE: For future, this is why people don't buy direct from the manufacturer.

Deus Gladiorum

Distinguished

Probably not. Do aesthetics really matter so much? If it does, I don't know about a "titan-esque look", but I have a GTX 770 Windforce and frankly, I think it's probably the sexiest looking of any edition of the GTX 770. Here's the 4 GB model. The difference in performance or cooling between manufacturers is rarely more than 1-2 fps and 2-3 degrees respectively, and the fps is only due to minor differences in clock speed which you can change yourself.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125462&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

Solution

Deus Gladiorum

Distinguished

I suppose, but I mean how often are you going to look at it when it's in your case anyway? I personally think the Titan is superbly ugly, and the Windforce which I linked to in the post above is far better looking. But regardless, it should be far more important to have a graphics card that performs better than one that looks good. If aesthetics are important, then get something you'll actually be looking at often, for example, the case that encloses your GPU. That's what'll matter aesthetically, not the GPU which no one will be seeing except for the 5 minutes between opening the box it comes in and putting it in your case.

508Parkour

Honorable
Sep 5, 2013

I may get a window though. I agree though. Is 4GB really neccessary for me?

Deus Gladiorum

Distinguished

I'd say so. I don't know too much about video editing, but at 1080p some games are now starting to hit just under the 2 GB mark in terms of VRAM usage, so considering that 4k renders 4 times as many pixels as 1080p does, for gaming especially that 4 GB will mean the difference between a minimum frame rate of 20 fps and 40 fps, probably even more.