Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Dual Display with intel HD 2500 and AMD HD 7750

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
October 19, 2013 2:31:36 AM

My set up: Intel i3 3220, Gigabyte GA B75M D3H, 8GB 1600 RAM, Corsair 350 watt PSU, WIndows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

I am planning to buy the Gigabyte GV R7750 OC 1G (AMD Radeon 7750) GPU.

Is it possible to have dual display using intel integrated graphics and HD 7750 ?

Thankyou

Best solution

October 19, 2013 2:36:41 AM

No.You cannot have both of them active at the same time.However you can plug two displays into the two slots of your ATi GPU.
Share
a b À AMD
October 19, 2013 2:42:51 AM

The Intel HD 2500 is an Integrated GPU while the HD 7750 is a dedicated GPU. So like ^he said , no
m
0
l
Related resources
October 19, 2013 2:55:27 AM

Tu Hed said:
.However you can plug two displays into the two slots of your ATi GPU.


Thanks Tu Hed and IRONBATMAN.
The GV R7750 OC 1G seems to support only one display. I did not understand the reference to two slots.
m
0
l
October 19, 2013 3:14:12 AM

The 7750 requires a 400w PSU with 16 amp on the rail so you will need to upgrade the power supply or the GPU may not perform as well as it should or in intense gaming you could overload your PSU. The 7750 will support 2 monitors there will be 2 outputs (HDMI and DVI I think) on the card so you can connect both monitors to each output.
m
0
l
October 19, 2013 3:32:26 AM

zink1701 said:
The 7750 requires a 400w PSU with 16 amp on the rail so you will need to upgrade the power supply or the GPU may not perform as well as it should or in intense gaming you could overload your PSU.


In the forums I read that the 7750 is one of the few cards that can run off a 350W supply. I plan only mild occasional gaming. I do not intend intense gaming at full resolutions. Do you still feel the PSU will be a problem?

zink1701 said:
The 7750 will support 2 monitors there will be 2 outputs (HDMI and DVI I think) on the card so you can connect both monitors to each output.


Are you referring to GV R7750C 1G or GV R7750 2G. The 2G version has two DVI connectors.

The 1G version has one DVI and one HDMI. Can these be used for two individual displays ?
m
0
l
a b À AMD
October 19, 2013 4:04:07 AM

Can you show me the link to the GDDR5 HD 7750 2 GB ? I don't even think is one.

I know this is the 1GB ver.
http://www.gigabyte.sg/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4...

but did you get your PSU from the case ? Was it bundles with the case when you bought it ? Or is it another seperate one you bought ?
m
0
l
October 19, 2013 4:12:58 AM

IRONBATMAN said:
Can you show me the link to the GDDR5 HD 7750 2 GB ? I don't even think is one.

I know this is the 1GB ver.
http://www.gigabyte.sg/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4...

1GB has DDR5 http://www.gigabyte.sg/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4.... This is the one I want to buy.

2GB has DDR3 http://www.gigabyte.sg/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4...

IRONBATMAN said:

but did you get your PSU from the case ? Was it bundles with the case when you bought it ? Or is it another seperate one you bought ?

PSU Corsair 350W was bought separate from the case Cooler Master 344
m
0
l
a b À AMD
October 19, 2013 4:15:24 AM

The GDDR5 Version is definitely better . From the link you gave me , I assume you're from Singapore , like me , so I suggest that you buy your Graphics Cards and some other components from Amazon. The prices at Sim-Lim Square is way higher.
m
0
l
a b À AMD
October 19, 2013 4:18:53 AM

I'm assuming this is your PSU
http://www.corsair.com/us/power-supply-units/vs-series-...

Yes your 350W will work fine, the reason why AMD recommends 400W is that they dont want people filing tech support tickets on there help desk system.

AMD 7750 (please grab the GDDR5 and not GDDR3 version) consumes 55w

so even with RAM and HDD (~15W) you wont be above 100W

So go for it and best rest assured

Credits to
http://www.tomshardware.com/community/profile-585067.ht...
m
0
l
October 19, 2013 4:21:29 AM

:)  So coming back to the main question.

1) Does the 7750 1G support dual display (one on HDMI and second on DVI)
2) Is Corsair 350W PSU sufficient for light gaming on HD 7750 1G DDR5
m
0
l
October 19, 2013 4:28:40 AM

IRONBATMAN said:
I'm assuming this is your PSU
http://www.corsair.com/us/power-supply-units/vs-series-...

Yes your 350W will work fine, the reason why AMD recommends 400W is that they dont want people filing tech support tickets on there help desk system.

AMD 7750 (please grab the GDDR5 and not GDDR3 version) consumes 55w

so even with RAM and HDD (~15W) you wont be above 100W

So go for it and best rest assured

Credits to
http://www.tomshardware.com/community/profile-585067.ht...


Thanks IRONBATMAN. You answered my second question while I was typing it !!

That leaves only the question about dual display support on HD 7750 1G
m
0
l
a b À AMD
October 19, 2013 4:31:16 AM

But what is the resolution for the 2 Monitors ? 1366 x 768 p ? 1600 x 900 p ? 1920 x 1080 p ? The resolution really matters . The resolutions I stated are all comon widescreen 16:9 Resolutions.
m
0
l
October 19, 2013 4:39:36 AM

IRONBATMAN said:
But what is the resolution for the 2 Monitors ? 1366 x 768 p ? 1600 x 900 p ? 1920 x 1080 p ? The resolution really matters . The resolutions I stated are all comon widescreen 16:9 Resolutions.

Ok I see your point. The HD 7750 supports 2560x1600 so this will limit the dual display resolution. Does that mean we are limited to 1280 x 720 in dual display mode.
m
0
l
October 19, 2013 5:21:37 AM

My Final Answer
- You cannot have both Integrated Graphics and ATi GPU active at the same time.
- You can have dual displays from your GPU at any resolution you want for each monitor until and unless the application supports it.
- Unless you are not CrossFireXing and Overclocking the GPU,the power-unit is just fine.
- Get the latest Unfied AMD drivers.
- Get Windows 8 for best dual monitor view yet. (I donot know about the 8.1)

Hope you get the required issue's solution in this thread.
Thank you IRONBATMAN.
Thank you djdas.

Have a Nice Day!
m
0
l
!