Solved

is amd athlon II x4 750k good ?

hey, i wanted to ask is amd athlon good for next gen gaming ?
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about amd athlon 750k good
  1. Not anymore. For that price you can get this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113328
    It may not be as fast as the 6350, but for your budget, it's better.
  2. dude thats what i asked is x4 750k good for gaming
  3. Best answer
    Shit sorry, sleepy. I was thinking of this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103649

    Sorry again. Yea that is a good entry CPU bro. It was listed this month as the best entry level CPU for toms chart.

    EDIT: It's good as long as you don't partner it with a very powerful GPU because it would bottleneck it a little bit. It would be such a shame to use an underpowered PCU for a powerful GPU
  4. It's okay for playing games. Socket FM2 APUs/CPUs performance is lower than the FX series which in turn is slower than Intel's Haswell generation CPUs.

    For a low range or mid range GPU, performance should be fine, but for a high performance GPU the Athlon II X4 would very likely be a bottleneck.
  5. jaguarskx said:
    It's okay for playing games. Socket FM2 APUs/CPUs performance is lower than the FX series which in turn is slower than Intel's Haswell generation CPUs.

    For a low range or mid range GPU, performance should be fine, but for a high performance GPU the Athlon II X4 would very likely be a bottleneck.



    so im going to have to take fx 6300 with hd 7850 :D
  6. adimeister said:
    Shit sorry, sleepy. I was thinking of this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103649

    Sorry again. Yea that is a good entry CPU bro. It was listed this month as the best entry level CPU for toms chart.

    EDIT: It's good as long as you don't partner it with a very powerful GPU because it would bottleneck it a little bit. It would be such a shame to use an underpowered PCU for a powerful GPU


    so im going to have to take fx 6300 with hd 7850 :D
  7. I believe the 750k will handle the 7850, it's not one of the most powerful cards out there bro. :) But yea, the 6300 is better. :)
  8. adimeister said:
    I believe the 750k will handle the 7850, it's not one of the most powerful cards out there bro. :) But yea, the 6300 is better. :)


    :D
  9. And the 6300 can handle SLI, the 750k I don't believe so. :) Now I'm not so sleepy. haha
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Next Generation AMD CPUs