Solved

Cheapest Motherboard for 5ghz FX 8350?

13 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about cheapest motherboard 5ghz 8350
  1. I prefer the Asus, the reviews you link to tend to agree
  2. Tradesman1 said:
    I prefer the Asus, the reviews you link to tend to agree


    Ok. Do you think I can get 5ghz out of either of them? Personally I'm going for a black/red theme on the PC. Unless there is a better board.
  3. shadow32 said:
    Tradesman1 said:
    I prefer the Asus, the reviews you link to tend to agree


    Ok. Do you think I can get 5ghz out of either of them? Personally I'm going for a black/red theme on the PC. Unless there is a better board.


    It really depends on your cpu. Some oc more than others so you are not guaranteed to reach 5ghz.
  4. TBC1 said:
    shadow32 said:
    Tradesman1 said:
    I prefer the Asus, the reviews you link to tend to agree


    Ok. Do you think I can get 5ghz out of either of them? Personally I'm going for a black/red theme on the PC. Unless there is a better board.


    It really depends on your cpu. Some oc more than others so you are not guaranteed to reach 5ghz.


    I know that. I'm just asking, if I do get a lucky CPU that can hit 5 ghz, and adequate cooling, can this (GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 board handle that?
  5. Best answer
    shadow32 said:
    TBC1 said:
    shadow32 said:
    Tradesman1 said:
    I prefer the Asus, the reviews you link to tend to agree


    Ok. Do you think I can get 5ghz out of either of them? Personally I'm going for a black/red theme on the PC. Unless there is a better board.


    It really depends on your cpu. Some oc more than others so you are not guaranteed to reach 5ghz.


    I know that. I'm just asking, if I do get a lucky CPU that can hit 5 ghz, and adequate cooling, can this (GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 board handle that?


    It should be able to. Also, did you check the link to the asrock one posted? People have been able to oc their 8350 to 5ghz with it.
  6. I would prefer to go with the ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2, it is one heck of a board for the price, but the Giga seems decent from what I have heard. The Sabertooth 990FX R2 would be my choice though,
  7. Ok, before I order this board tonight, can you help me with one last thing?

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=13-128-514

    Does it have a UEFI Bios?

    On their website is says it does: http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4397#ov
    But I don't see anything on newegg.
  8. shadow32 said:
    Ok, before I order this board tonight, can you help me with one last thing?

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=13-128-514

    Does it have a UEFI Bios?

    On their website is says it does: http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4397#ov
    But I don't see anything on newegg.

    I don't think so, at least the first revision.
  9. The Q6660 Inside said:
    shadow32 said:
    Ok, before I order this board tonight, can you help me with one last thing?

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=13-128-514

    Does it have a UEFI Bios?

    On their website is says it does: http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4397#ov
    But I don't see anything on newegg.

    I don't think so, at least the first revision.




    I just noticed this on newegg: http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i451/shadow032/board_zps7c22fd56.png
  10. shadow32 said:
    The Q6660 Inside said:
    shadow32 said:
    Ok, before I order this board tonight, can you help me with one last thing?

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=13-128-514

    Does it have a UEFI Bios?

    On their website is says it does: http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4397#ov
    But I don't see anything on newegg.

    I don't think so, at least the first revision.




    I just noticed this on newegg: http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i451/shadow032/board_zps7c22fd56.png

    Well, there you go.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards