Sign in with
Your question
Solved

550$ Gaming Build , recommendation please ?

Last response: in Systems
October 20, 2013 3:44:10 AM

Hey guys ! So im going to build my second rig which i will use it for gaming and this build was meant to handle some demanding game (at least on medium setting) like ac black flag , battlefield 4 , watch dogs , gta V , etc
I lived in Indonesia (of course not going to order from newegg or amazon) , and my budget was about 5.500.000 IDR (around 550$)
And these built will be upgraded by 2015's new year so im looking built that will last a year..
And im thinking of overclocking too

And here's the thing i've already got :
-Monitor (1600x900)
-OS (Windows 7 64-Bit)
-RAM (2x4GB)
-Peripherals (Key & Mouse)
-DVD Drive
-HDD (1tb)
-Case
-PSU (500w)

So im thinking of these (the price has been converted to my country's price , so it might different in the actual $ price) :

CPU : AMD FX-6300 (130$)
VGA : Sapphire HD 7850 OC Version 2Gb (240$)
Motherboard : Asus M5A97 R2.0 (126$)
CPU Fan : Cooler Master Hyper 212X (45$)
Speaker (yes , speaker !) : Still dont know but the budget around (45$)

is that nope or dope build ? i've been diging many forum threads and still cant get a clear answer !!
thankyou in advance , tom's hardware been helping me much back then ! :D 
*sorry for my bad english

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
October 20, 2013 4:12:17 AM

Looks good. You should check the prices on the 7870, GHz Edition and XT if available. Sometimes they go for the same price as the 7850 and are quite a bit more powerful. I've always trusted Logitech speakers but I also haven't used speakers in years, I'm a headset guy now.
Related resources
December 12, 2013 4:17:38 AM

so sorry for the late reply !
anyway , im going with the Sapphire HD 7870 , sacrificing my money that i've planned to spend for my monthly internet quota -__-

thanks for the replies guys , tomshardware rocks !
m
l
!