Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

How hot should a gt 610 run

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
October 20, 2013 11:37:41 AM

Just wondering how hot a gt 610 should run because mine runs over 80 degrees when playing games

More about : hot 610 run

Best solution

October 20, 2013 11:43:16 AM

:/  what game are you playing a gt 610 is nowhere near a gaming card.. This card is run without a fan in allot of cases you might try putting one on it if it is fanless.

Thent
Share
October 20, 2013 11:46:39 AM

it is passive or active disipated ?

low entry GPU series tend to have passive heat disipation solutions(no fan), and concecuently get higher temperatures

the solution, in this case is adding a fan to create some air flow helping to disipate the heat
the main reason is playing with a card that is not made for that.
m
0
l
Related resources
October 20, 2013 11:49:43 AM

thently said:
:/ what game are you playing a gt 610 is nowhere near a gaming card.. This card is run without a fan in allot of cases you might try putting one on it if it is fanless.

Thent


i play mainly minecraft but this one has a fan but the only thing is i have an optiplex 755 with only one intake and one exhaust fan
m
0
l
October 20, 2013 12:05:53 PM

juanjostorreshernndez said:
it is passive or active disipated ?

low entry GPU series tend to have passive heat disipation solutions(no fan), and concecuently get higher temperatures

the solution, in this case is adding a fan to create some air flow helping to disipate the heat
the main reason is playing with a card that is not made for that.

it has a small fan but my computer only has one intake
and one exhaust
m
0
l
October 20, 2013 12:12:48 PM

There really is no reason to change what you have. 80C is perfectly within reason. Pay attention if it gets to 90C.
m
0
l
October 20, 2013 12:13:30 PM

MasterLuc said:
juanjostorreshernndez said:
it is passive or active disipated ?

low entry GPU series tend to have passive heat disipation solutions(no fan), and concecuently get higher temperatures

the solution, in this case is adding a fan to create some air flow helping to disipate the heat
the main reason is playing with a card that is not made for that.



it has a small fan but my computer only has one intake
and one exhaust


adding more fans will help, but as I said GT610 its not made to that, plying games just put too much stress to the GPU cause it has just a few ROPS, texture clocks, etc.. , so it literaly figths with no weapons at all and then gets overheated

m
0
l
October 20, 2013 12:42:20 PM

juanjostorreshernndez said:
MasterLuc said:
juanjostorreshernndez said:
it is passive or active disipated ?

low entry GPU series tend to have passive heat disipation solutions(no fan), and concecuently get higher temperatures

the solution, in this case is adding a fan to create some air flow helping to disipate the heat
the main reason is playing with a card that is not made for that.



it has a small fan but my computer only has one intake
and one exhaust


adding more fans will help, but as I said GT610 its not made to that, plying games just put too much stress to the GPU cause it has just a few ROPS, texture clocks, etc.. , so it literaly figths with no weapons at all and then gets overheated


ok thanks
m
0
l
October 27, 2013 10:00:16 AM

well mines like that too when playing FARCRY 3,BIOSHOCK INFINITE,DMC but in low settings and 12800x800 resolution.
m
0
l
February 5, 2014 8:07:00 AM

bystander said:
There really is no reason to change what you have. 80C is perfectly within reason. Pay attention if it gets to 90C.

my evga gt610 (which i only play minecraft on) is currently running at around 94c. yikes. i am farely certain i need to get better airflow in my case

m
0
l
!