Solved

E7500 with Hyper 212 EVO

hello. i just wanna ask if this temperature is normal?
I'm using a prime95 software to stress my CPU.

here are the results



Thanks
15 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about e7500 hyper 212 evo
  1. Yes, looks good.
  2. Bejusek said:
    Yes, looks good.


    i think ill be overclocking this with setfsb cause i have an intel board. how far can i go with this cpu?
  3. Looks good to me.
  4. What's the mainboard?
    What's the RAM?
    Can you change memomory multipliers in setFSB?

    3.5GHz should be doable with this CPU. Motherboard may seriously limit you though.
  5. Bejusek said:
    What's the mainboard?
    What's the RAM?
    Can you change memomory multipliers in setFSB?

    3.5GHz should be doable with this CPU. Motherboard may seriously limit you though.


    DG41RQ
    1x2gb 800Mhz 1x1gb 800Mhz



    how much ram do i need sir for OC?
  6. Not the amount, but speed of RAM is important.
    Increasing the FSB, increases your RAM clock too. That's why I asked about multipliers - you need them to keep the memory speed around 800MHz.

    With this motherboard, you won't be able to overclock your CPU much.
  7. Bejusek said:
    Not the amount, but speed of RAM is important.
    Increasing the FSB, increases your RAM clock too.

    With this motherboard, you won't be able to overclock your CPU much.


    hmm i dont know what is that.
    here is a picture of setFSB
  8. There is no option to set memory multiplier in this software (and I would be surprised if there were).
  9. Bejusek said:
    There is no option to set memory multiplier in this software (and I would be surprised if there were).


    is there a software that would do that?
  10. Best answer
    No, I don't think there is.
    Go to BIOS -> Advanced -> Chipset Configuration Menu
    There should be an option 'Memory Frequency'. It should be possible to lower it. This would effectively change the FSB : DRAM multiplier and maybe give you a little more headroom to play with FSB speed. Again, do not hope for much OC with this mainboard. It's not meant for it.
  11. Bejusek said:
    No, I don't think there is.
    Go to BIOS -> Advanced -> Chipset Configuration Menu
    There should be an option 'Memory Frequency'. It should be possible to lower it. This would effectively change the FSB : DRAM multiplier and maybe give you a little more headroom to play with FSB speed. Again, do not hope for much OC with this mainboard. It's not meant for it.



    whats a good LGA 775 Board for OC? i mean the best and budget board. can you suggest one? i think ill buy a second hand one :)

    edit:
    in memory frequency i have two choices 667mhz and 800mhz since you said lower i changed the default 800mhz to 667mhz. how does this help?

    and also my current memory setting would be 6-6-6-18
    that would be maximum
    my memory voltage is 1.80
  12. Please do some reading on basics of Core2Duo overclocking - the FSB impact on system components, voltages, timing etc.

    If you really want to invest money in this system, look for P35 or P45 (ddr2) boards.
  13. Bejusek said:
    Please do some reading on basics of Core2Duo overclocking - the FSB impact on system components, voltages, timing etc.

    If you really want to invest money in this system, look for P35 or P45 (ddr2) boards.


    thankyou for your help sir

    EDIT:

    Would this be a good one? GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R
  14. Yes, it is a very good board. However, investing in your PC to have it overclocked doesn't make sense. So if you can get this (any) board cheap, only then go for it.
  15. Bejusek said:
    Yes, it is a very good board. However, investing in your PC to have it overclocked doesn't make sense. So if you can get this (any) board cheap, only then go for it.


    yes yes. ill be upgrading this christmas, ill be investing on amd. waiting for kaveri apu hoping they can be hybrid crossfire with my 7770 :D
Ask a new question

Read More

Evo Temperature CPUs Software