Solved

What Power Supply is good for this?

What Wattage would be needed for this build?

Intel Core i7 4770K
MSI Z87-G45-GAMING ATX Motherboard
1TB Western Digital 1TB internal Hard Drive
Crucial 64GB SSD
Corsair 8GB DDR3 RAM
Zotac Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 4GB
Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 CPU Cooler
Around 4-5 Case Fans

As i hope to overclock without the need of being worried about my Power supply not being enough. Any help would be appreciated!
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about power supply good
  1. 550W would be enough.

    I recommend getting a Corsair HX or TX 80 Plus certified model. They are good quality and not too expensive.
  2. aznricepuff said:
    550W would be enough.

    I recommend getting a Corsair HX or TX 80 Plus certified model. They are good quality and not too expensive.


    550W?! That little? I would of thought it would be a lot more!
  3. If you don´t plan on really pushing your CPU and (especially) GPU as far as overclocking goes, 550W should indeed be enough.
    Especially 550W from a good brand like the suggested Corsair PSUs.

    But it will leave with not that much headroom for future upgrades like a second GPU or something like that.

    Also, when looking for a particular 550W PSU, you might also have an eye on the prices of the next best PSU.
    What I mean by that: Over here, the prices for PSUs seem to fluctuate a lot lately. You could get a Corssair 850W PSU for the same price as a 750W.

    So, if you can get a 650W PSU from the same line as the 550W you picked for the same price or only a few bucks more, you should take that.
  4. Som3one said:
    If you don´t plan on really pushing your CPU and (especially) GPU as far as overclocking goes, 550W should indeed be enough.
    Especially 550W from a good brand like the suggested Corsair PSUs.

    But it will leave with not that much headroom for future upgrades like a second GPU or something like that.

    Also, when looking for a particular 550W PSU, you might also have an eye on the prices of the next best PSU.
    What I mean by that: Over here, the prices for PSUs seem to fluctuate a lot lately. You could get a Corssair 850W PSU for the same price as a 750W.

    So, if you can get a 650W PSU from the same line as the 550W you picked for the same price or only a few bucks more, you should take that.


    So if i wanted to overclock my i7 would a 650w be fine for that?
  5. Best answer
    I'd say the TX650 is a better option or the XFX 650W. More than enough power aswell as power to overclock aswell. Both PSU are great quality, just make sure to notice if the PSU have the pins your parts require which is most likely more than enough pins
  6. Yes, 650W would give you lots of headroom for overclocking.
  7. BlankInsanity said:
    I'd say the TX650 is a better option or the XFX 650W. More than enough power aswell as power to overclock aswell. Both PSU are great quality, just make sure to notice if the PSU have the pins your parts require which is most likely more than enough pins


    aznricepuff said:
    Yes, 650W would give you lots of headroom for overclocking.


    I'll look round for some 650W PSU then. Thanks for your help!!
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Intel i7 Build Components Intel